TSA precheck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally agree It is up to TSA and therefore the US government. It is interesting to me on a personal level that some US people think they should receive special treatment outside their sovereign borders when guests to their country are not even treated with everyday civility at Immigration points. I have lived with it first hand for about 40 years now. As an American I have been embarrassed at times to see how my non American spouse has been treated. It has gotten much worse since the Patriot Act. Understand the absolute importance of the Act but shouldn’t other countries be entitled to having their own rules? Double standard??? Are people from the US more important or deserving than those from Canada, Europe or the rest of the world? Just curious.

I don't mean to prolong this discussion but see the following from TSA. If the TSA precheck is not on your boarding pass put there by your airline, showing a GE card or TSA KTN is not getting you in the TSA precheck line, at least according to TSA. Can I access the TSA Pre✓® lane by showing my Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI card or TSA Pre✓® approval letter?
Correct - having TSA Precheck and a Known Traveler Number is no promise that you will get the TSA Precheck stamped on your boarding pass, even if it's an airport where it is accepted and with a partner airline - the idea is that randomly they will run you through the full checks. That is explained on their website. It's not an inefficiency, it's very deliberate policy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom