Roatan Hotel near Airport for 1 Night Stay ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveFans

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

We need a hotel for a Saturday night stay next May, since we'll arrive too late via the Utila Ferry to catch our flight, so we've booked the flight for Sunday.

Any recommendations for a nice hotel where we can relax by a pool, which isn't too expensive and is close to the airport ?

Thanks !

Hello all,

We need a hotel for a Saturday night stay next May, since we'll arrive too late via the Utila Ferry to catch our flight, so we've booked the flight for Sunday.

Any recommendations for a nice hotel where we can relax by a pool, which isn't too expensive and is close to the airport ?

Thanks !

Find a place in West End. It's a 20min cab ride to the airport and much, much, much better than staying in Coxen Hole.

Closest decent is probably this one - CLARION SUITES ROATAN AT PINEAPPLE VILLAS $62 ($̶1̶1̶8̶) - Prices & Hotel Reviews - Honduras - Bay Islands - TripAdvisor. Nice looking pool, I have not been there.

Or Barefoot Cay but IDK if they do one night. It will be double/triple the price of the Clarion.
Roatán Luxury Resort & Private Cay Diving | Barefoot Cay™ Resort | Dive and experience Barefoot Cay, a luxury boutique resort in the Caribbean , located on a 4-acre private cay on the south shore of Roatán Island. I have been there. See if you can get a Loft room for the night, they're nice, upscale and have kitchens if you want snacks/meals - although their restaurant does nice meals also. Nice pool/spa area also.

If you do trek over to the West End Cocolobo is quite nice and has a pool. I don't believe they serve dinner but there's a lot of choices 5mins. walk away in the West End. We liked Argentinean Grille or Tong's Thai. Cocolobo is on the iron shore and the waves crashing there make it nice for sleeping. I rent a house next door.

Last time I was in the West End, the airport was a $25 ride.

Or go two miles farther to West Bay - a couple of those resorts have fabulous pools. Infinity Bay being one and I believe they do single day reservations.
Roatan Resort | Infinity Bay Spa & Beach Resort
West Bay Beach is the nicest on Roatan.

Midway between the West End and West Bay is Luna Beach Resort. They have a pool but don't do dinner either afaik - it's a 10min walk to the West End restaurants from there. They also have a snorkel trail just off their beach. Also their regular rooms are right near the water.

Definitely no dinner at Cocolobo, but as mentioned there are lots of food choices 5-10 minutes walking distance. Can highly recommend staying there!

@diversteve which house? We just bought a share of one of the lodges at the back of Cocolobo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom