PADI Nitrox Course Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How often do you need to spring for a $50 a pop O2 tank cleaning? Please tell me it isn't annually.

Yep. So you have to think about how badly you want it. I did two tanks last year for a trip where I could only get partial pressure fills.

Well that certainly blows.

I’ve been diving 3 years, now have an AL30 pony, an AL40 designated as deco bottle for tech next year, and 8 HP80s, of which 4 are doubled up. The only tank that is being kept O2 clean is the AL40. I only keep OCA in it right now.

Thanks that is a good approach it seems. I only have 4 HP80's, all singles and 1 AL80. Maybe I'll buy an HP133 and have it reserved for O2 clean.

Thanks that is a good approach it seems. I only have 4 HP80's, all singles and 1 AL80. Maybe I'll buy an HP133 and have it reserved for O2 clean.

If you’re going to keep one O2 clean, get a buddy for it. So you can do 2 dives in one day without having to worry about fills. Partial pressure Nitrox fills are not a quick business if you expect to get a lunchtime fill or something like that.

If you’re going to keep one O2 clean, get a buddy for it. So you can do 2 dives in one day without having to worry about fills. Partial pressure Nitrox fills are not a quick business if you expect to get a lunchtime fill or something like that.

Ah, thanks for the advice. Makes sense.

How often do you need to spring for a $50 a pop O2 tank cleaning? Please tell me it isn't annually.

Yep. So you have to think about how badly you want it. I did two tanks last year for a trip where I could only get partial pressure fills.

You only need to get you tank O2 cleaned if during your VIP they see oil residue in the tank using a black light.

My steel tanks pass as oxygen clean every year, I haven't paid for a single oxygen cleaning, because I only fill them with nitrox and hyper filtered air since I bought them.

You only need to get you tank O2 cleaned if during your VIP they see oil residue in the tank using a black light.

My steel tanks pass as oxygen clean every year, I haven't paid for a single oxygen cleaning, because I only fill them with nitrox and hyper filtered air since I bought them.
Need O2 cleaning after hydro test as well

Haven't needed that either. But I get my hydros done at an actual dive shop that does it in house rather than send it to a fire safety company, so they probably are using the right treatments the first time.

Just once every 5 years....not so bad. Hard to see why a hydro test necessarily destroys O2 cleanliness, anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom