Serious question, Nitrox and extended erections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm serious boys. And my husband is 55 and never had any issues there. I cannot believe it is just us.

Before getting Nitrox certified we never had this issue. As soon as we started using it, right away.

I appreciate all of you ready to test the theory. I await your results.

Sorry, I didn't know where to put this, DandyDon.

:rofl3:

This thread is funny.
I think he may be pulling one over on you.

I regularly take L-argnine with my workout routine. The body breaks it down into No. in the body. I've also taken L-citrulline long term without any such effects for working out. These are common work out supplements as they are a vasodilator within the body. Both are broken into No. in the body, L-citrulline converting at a higher rate. These are the primary ingredient in pre-workouts as well. In the gym 6-7 days a week I would probably notice if people were affected in such as way as it would be 'distinct' to say the least. :confused:

Even when supplementing in excess of 5g a day I've yet to hear this even be mentioned. Color me skeptical.

Now you have made me curious however if the breathing No. gas is more efficient than that of absorption and conversion. I doubt it is.

Sorry, I didn't know where to put this, DandyDon.
No problem at all, and welcome to Scubaboard. I said I was skeptical, but maybe the medical pros can shed light to support your claims, as well as offer help. Problematic erections can be dangerous I guess, after he gets tired of bragging.

Duh.

Jokes section, obviously
Be nice.

I'd love to see the DAN dive insurance claim on this one.

I am being 100% sincere here. No, he isn't pulling one over on me. It's very obvious. It's not something we lie about, either. He is not bragging or needing to brag.

Maybe he has some unique chemistry, but I think some version of nitrox is in boner pills. The one son the commercials here mention something that sounds like it.

It IS very funny, and certainly not something we're going to discuss with the dive shop or other divers, so I thought I'd come here. He's actually embarssed and not happy I posted this.

He's actually embarssed and not happy I posted this.
No one here knows who you or he is. The thread hasn't been moved yet, but they'll get to it soon.

Nitric oxide (NO) the vasodilator, is not the same as nitrous oxide (N2O) the anesthetic laughing gas, is not the same as nitrox, the oxygen enriched diving gas (O2 and N2 mixture). It’s the difference between to, too, and two. Maybe OP husband is just really excited about diving.

It's worth noting that some people have unusual susceptibility to priapism (the name for what it sounds like he's experiencing) in response to some precipitants. A number of medications can do it - Trazodone is particularly known for this, and I know of one case involved Risperidone, so it may be worth the man reviewing what medications he's on to see if any of those might be contributors. But why can many men take Trazodone and not have it, then one guy gets 'unlucky?'

And be aware priapism can get very serious. From the Mayo Clinic page I linked - "If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, you need emergency care." A call to DAN might be well worth his time.

Disclaimer: Not giving medical advice; for such see your personal physician.

drrich2 Thanks for the idea. He is not on any medications at all. He is very healthy. He doesn't even take vitamins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom