Firmware Update Cloud - help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AGNZ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Have looked through the manual I now have a few questions about the firmware update via Sheawater Cloud.

1) where do you go to identify which version of software is currently installed on the Teric?

2) when I connect to Shearwater cloud via IPhone and click update nothing happens. I have tried restarting the app and reconnecting but it’s just the same thing, press the button and it does nothing. Does this mean it has the latest version?

Love the watch but the App really is confusing me at the moment haha.

On a side note:

When I click download dives it shows there are two dives recorded on the watch. It’s brand new, never been in the water so cannot understand why there are dives recorded on the watch?

Dive>Settings>General>System Info. The initial "dives" are tests performed at the factory.

Would like to know that info as well about why version is on my Teric and why when I hit update in the App nothing happens besides the update button gets a shade lighter in color for a split second.

I was wondering the same thing about the 2 dives then it dawned on me. I was bored at work today so I used the hydro table to do a mock dive. When I I was done there was plenty of warning flashing. The dive profile was plus or minus a few feet compared to my PSI gauge at work.

The current F/W version for the Teric is v09. If your Teric already has v09 there is no need to update it. You can check the F/W version in your Teric by following the menu path described above by @rongoodman . We have not been able to replicate the unresponsive behavior @Chanly83 and @AGNZ are describing. Are you able to download your dives from your Teric using the same phones? If you cannot, please send us an email to info@shearwater.com so that we can start the troubleshooting process with you. Cheers.

F/W version Version v10 AI Verdion v06

I was able to download dives to both the shearwater cloud app and to the app DiveLog.

Thanks for the reply

The current F/W version for the Teric is v09. If your Teric already has v09 there is no need to update it.

So my Teric reads F/W version 10. And the website says V9, too. Am I just lucky with a newer piece of hardware/firmware?

Hi @Chanly83,

Teric firmware v10 is fully tested. It is being loaded onto all newly manufactured units. The only major change in v10 was adding support for a minor change to the OLED driver to support newer OLED stock. Because of this we didn't want to bother existing users with an extra firmware update so we left v09 as the latest release available through the Cloud app.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. On a related note, we are releasing a v11 today. It is recommended for all users as it addresses a few minor issues. The firmware and release notes should be posted shortly.

Best Regards,
Tyler
Shearwater Research

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t trying to dig at Shearwater I was just being a smart a$$. I wouldn’t of purchased your product if I thought you folks would do something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom