From Texas to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnnyRay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First off, let me say hello from Texas. I'm a fairly new certified diver of 2 years and I've only done a couple of Open Water Dives in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Basically we are vacation divers. So we get to go every 6 to 12 months.

We will be in Cozumel again in a few weeks and I'm looking for a good Shore dive for both my son and I. I have done one Shore dive about a year ago in Cozumel and it was okay but nothing special. This will be my son's first open water dive so I'm hoping to find a good Shore dive location that rents all the equipment that has a decent Reef scenery. Some corals if possible. Sand bottoms and fish can get a little boring. I know that they were pretty devastated by hurricanes in the past so the reefs are trying to rebuild.

Does anyone has a good place to go? We will be on a cruise ship, so we wont be renting a hotel there. So a place that you dont have to be staying there to use there shore location.

Thanks in advance.
Johnny

I would recommend doing a shore dive with Mario, Scuba With Mario. Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico Cost was only $28 includes tank and weights. He is across from Casa Del Mar at the Tikila Bar & Grill. It is the best shore dive I have done in Cozumel. It is relative shallow dive, and Mario knows where to find all the cool marine life, sea horses, bat fish, frog fish and all the usual. He is also a great underwater photographer. Last year I did a 2 hour dive with him and was one of the best dives I have done. It is also easy walking distance from the International Cruise Ship Pier. He also has excellent Scubapro gear if you need to rent gear. I would recommend making arrangements ahead of time though, he does a lot of shore dives with cruise ship passengers.

You could message me directly at kent.stone@gmail.com and I can put you on a boat, on a reef for his first dive for 15 USD and you can forget all of that mess of paying a shop for a shore dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom