Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone see the (apparently new) Brinyte (or is it NiteSun now?) DIV20S anywhere? I found some pictures (while searching for another light..) and it looks really interesting. Nice large-ish battery tank with what looks like 9x 18650, the Goodman looks quite nice and the switch seems to be on the head.. with the same charge indicator LED as on the DIV15S or DIV12S.
Depending on the price i might want to buy one. :)

I also wrote Brinyte a mail via their website about a week ago, but never got an answer...

My repair is holding nicely, I've done a few dives since fixing the end and i can recommend using E6000 glue for ensuring a watertight seal around the cable gland area over standard plastic epoxy adhesive (which failed almost immediately and flooded the batter compartment and circuit board area. Thankfully i had the sense to do a couple of test dives without batteries and in freshwater so no big deal).

I've had 3years use over 125 dives and had to do 2x repairs. It cost me £100 to buy the torch and the repairs have cost me around £5 in epoxy, £5 E6000 glue and a couple of hours repair time.
I'm confident that the next time i repair one of these it will be even faster now i know exactly what/how to disassemble.

I'm just about to buy another one so that i can use my older one for spares as and when needed.
The only downside to this torch is that it doesn't have the switch on the head and that you have to wait so long for delivery from China/HK.

Hi all - I've read the reviews and am ready to take the plunge. Can someone please give me a good link to a current version? I see a lot of sellers on ebay and ali express but it's impossible for me to tell which of the three versions I'm buying.

Year 5 update:

I'm on my 3rd torch now and still really like it.
The first one had another break in the cable and it was becoming a little intermittent unless giving the cable a bit of a wiggle from time to time. As i was going on a dive holiday the following month i decided just to buy a replacement.
That replacement did around 200 fresh/salt water dives and would still be working now if it weren't for my stupidity.

The cables on the newer versions are much better than the original one. They are loads more flexible and actually are the correct length unlike version1 (which was so long you could have lassoo'd a buffalo with).

I f**ked up though on a recent trip and sent my twinset to site on the back of a truck and when it arrived the light had been switched on accidentally and the light head had burned out almost completely.
If there were a thermal cutout this would have saved it but every single LED looked burned up to me.

SO... i decided to buy ANOTHER replacement. I did hover over the thought of buying a Halcyon Focus2 for around 14 seconds but then when i saw the price i decided that wouldn't sell my kidneys just yet and instead just buy another Brinyte.

The good news here is that they are now even cheaper and i bought one new on eBay for £85.
It arrived incredibly fast from China to the UK within 2 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom