Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fusion drysuit - even though I’m still not really a fan of the zipper, the suit itself is fab.

AquaLung Legend LX Supreme reg

Perdix AI with 2 transmitters for SM

Made to measure Santi E.Lite. Can be a bit tough to get out of the legs, but it dives like a dream. Just gotta fix the leaky P Valve this weekend before diving. That was an unpleasant surprise last week at peacock.

LP120 doubles for $500. Almost new condition too. They're heavy and awkward on land, but they actually dive really nice and have surprisingly reasonable buoyancy characteristics.

Perdix. Duh.

Light Monkey 32W LED. Not the greatest in murky water, but it's the brightest primary light I've ever seen. You can light up the whole cave from the back of the team and dial it down to brightness match when you're up front. Makes a decent video light for my gopro too.

My can’t do without gear in order...

Freedom Plate Contour
Petrel
Oxycheq 30 and VDH 18 wings
Hooded vest
HP tanks
Pony or deco tank

Shearwater Perdix AI
Atomic Venom Frameless Mask
Halcyon SMB
Otterbay 12mm custom drysuit hood

1) Custom fitted drysuit - I'm just too short and not skinny to fit nicely off the shelf. I love that it fits me!! Worth every extra dollar

2) Bungee wrist mount for compass - technically was given to me but sticking it on my drysuit and not having to worry about it ever again feels good

3) Spring straps and beanie - hair out of the way and no fighting to put fins on. Now if only the water stayed warm enough to stay in a beanie

1) Custom fitted drysuit - I'm just too short and not skinny to fit nicely off the shelf. I love that it fits me!! Worth every extra dollar

2) Bungee wrist mount for compass - technically was given to me but sticking it on my drysuit and not having to worry about it ever again feels good

3) Spring straps and beanie - hair out of the way and no fighting to put fins on. Now if only the water stayed warm enough to stay in a beanie

Yes, I forgot to mention spring straps - best thing since sliced bread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom