The dreaded "bubble head" (not bobble!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get bubble head maybe once every 20 dives. I just push out the bubble. Don't know why it happens on those rare occasions, nor do I care about the physics involved. I'm not drilling any holes in my hoods.

you are diving head looking down. get horizontal, head back (neck flexed) bubbles go up not into hood
Not necessarily true.

I was having this problem last year towards the end of dives. I have a 5 ml Waterproof with vents. After some discussions here on SB, and paying more attention, I realized I was exhaling out my nose (lazy guy that I am) and the exhaust was going into my hood so quickly that the vents couldn’t keep up. May be different in your situation, but would definitely vent that puppy.

Erik

P.S. I haven’t been keeping up on the thread you started a while again, but does this mean that diving is still in your future? Hope so.

I solve this problem by leaving my hood at home with my wetsuit and drysuit. :D :D :D When you're built like a manatee, you get to dive like one!

I solve this problem by leaving my hood at home with my wetsuit and drysuit. :D :D :D When you're built like a manatee, you get to dive like one!

Pete, I was diving 45F water (quarry) yesterday in a 5mm. I doubt you’d do that! Lake Michigan dives were cancelled (4ft waves bad).

Pete, I was diving 45F water (quarry) yesterday in a 5mm. I doubt you’d do that!
This is a time where you should actually believe your doubts. :D :D :D

I hope I never have a problem whose solution is driving a hot nail through your head.
Or to enclose your entire body in a rubber.

I hope I never have a problem whose solution is driving a hot nail through your head.
It is easier to see what you are doing if you take the hood off first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom