DSS not taking orders, alternatives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is Golem Gear quality and customer service? I've read mixed reports about their CS.

The quality of all of their stuff is excellent. If Jakub's got it in stock, it's easy and it will ship right away. If it's not in stock, he's an effing nightmare to deal with. The website doesn't have real-time stock monitoring, so drop him an e-mail first to make sure he's got it. Otherwise you might order, never hear anything, and 3 months later a package will show up on your doorstep.

If it's something you can get from elsewhere and Jakub doesn't have it in stock, get it elsewhere.

VDH moved from KC to FLA almost a decade ago and it was a F'n nightmare and I'm a much smaller operation than DSS.
Packing and unpacking household goods is a cakewalk compared to doing the same for thousands of individual parts, getting them on shelves, getting them in some sort of order you can find and getting all your business dealings dealt with. I moved a few machines and work stations but nowhere near what he is moving.
When you are a huge corporate conglomerate you have the luxury of a staff of folks that specialize in moving businesses and work around the clock getting it done. The small business owners who live hand to mouth have to suffer through the impact it has to our business and bottom line and miss out on a lot of immediate sales that we just can't do when moving.
Good Luck to DSS on the move.

The quality of all of their stuff is excellent. If Jakub's got it in stock, it's easy and it will ship right away. If it's not in stock, he's an effing nightmare to deal with. The website doesn't have real-time stock monitoring, so drop him an e-mail first to make sure he's got it. Otherwise you might order, never hear anything, and 3 months later a package will show up on your doorstep.

If it's something you can get from elsewhere and Jakub doesn't have it in stock, get it elsewhere.

True that. Good stuff and good reputation personally, but if it's not in stock be prepared to wait a long time with no updates.

How is Golem Gear quality and customer service? I've read mixed reports about their CS.

I called first and made sure the package I wanted was in stock. The day I sent payment I received notification of him having my order ready. The next day It was shipped and was at my door within a week. Also talking to him was a nice experience and he helped me out in what I was looking for.

Quality is great--- I really like the SS inflator and the materials of the wing seem very rugged.

I would definitely give them a shot and with their prices you really are getting possibly the best deal on the market currently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom