Inexpensive Ball Clamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi: Has anyone have any experience with this triple ball clamp? Price is 1/2 the price of comparable ike.

Its anodized so should be corrosion resistant in salt water.

Thanks

I picked up one similar to that (Well, looks the same, but I can't say it's the same brand). I use it to mount a focus light on occasion. It doesn't get lot of use, but what use it does get is in salt water and I've not had any issues with corrosion. The spring is actually kinda useful as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Stoo.

Thank you pinshootr. Appreciate it.

Buy it nice or buy it twice, especially rings true for anything underwater photo related.
Ultralight is a tried and tested clamp, I would recommend them to anyone who will listen

Be a bit careful. I had a bunch of less expensive clamps from China. The edges of the clamp were quite sharp (you could file off your edges) and messed up several ball arms. The ultralight ones are $35 and you will use them for 10 years. At 100 dives/year and 5 year life that is like $0.07 per dive.

Cheers
Bill

My Ultralight clamps are 5 years old, they are still like new after a few hundred dives. They have never even been lubricated and still work like the day I bought them!

Thanks for all the input. It is much appreciated.
Ultralight it will be.

If you are trying to save a little money and are looking for a "third party" manufacturer to help out with that, I would recommend looking at iDAS products. They will be a little lower cost than the big names such a ULCS and Ikelite, but are still a high quality product.

Back
Top Bottom