... support for my CooToo (edited)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, they don't make it easy.
I got through using the email customer.service@divenav.com and got useful responses from "Tina"
This was back in mid January
Good luck!

I emailed their "customer.service@divenav.com" in early 2017 and a few times after with no response. Finally, I got an email from "am@divenav.com" that the "customer.service@divenav.com" is not longer used because of spam and to use "customer.service@divenav.com" as the "new" customer support email address.

Yes, you read that right, the same email.

Kafkaesque. And, still no customer service, and, before the email spam filter is blamed, there was no field in which to put the security phrase offered on the website. Mas Kafkaesque.
Hi,
Thank you for reporting this.
Something must have been wrong with the autoresponders / filters / forwarders.
The email account am@divenav.com is indeed discontinued (too much spam), but the email customer.services@divenav.com works fine.

I never sent an email to "am@divenav.com." I sent an email in early 2017 to "customer.service@divenav.com" just as requested by the person emailing me from "am@divenav.com."

Now, contrary to what "am@divenav.com" told me in the email, you now state that "customer.serviceS@divenav.com" [emphasis on extra "s"] is the correct email.

Which is it?

Hi,
Thank you for reporting this.
Something must have been wrong with the autoresponders / filters / forwarders.
The email account am@divenav.com is indeed discontinued (too much spam), but the email customer.services@divenav.com works fine.

I'm copying my post from the other thread here.

There is an old saying that the customer is always right. How can that possibly be? It's not true. They can be unreasonable and overly demanding and their expectations can be based on a fairy tale.

None of that matters.

You are good at creating a product. You are terrible at selling it. Get help with that part. Listen to them. Don't over rule them. The customer is always right. It's just the way it is and you're not going to change that.

I have been reading this and agree that they are terrible at how they respond to the customer. However the saying "The customer is always right" is quite dumb and is not even remotely accurate. (Your post was great btw Ray)

As someone who has dealt with many customers over the years in all the hats I have worn, I learned that what my grandpa told me as a kid rang true. "The customer isn't always right, but the customer is still a customer"

If you treat a customer bad they cease to be a customer and will not only not say anything good, but will often scream from the mountaintop how bad you are.

So regardless of if they are right or wrong, treat them well and reap the rewards.

[/QUOTE]
I never sent an email to "am@divenav.com." I sent an email in early 2017 to "customer.service@divenav.com" just as requested by the person emailing me from "am@divenav.com."

Now, contrary to what "am@divenav.com" told me in the email, you now state that "customer.serviceS@divenav.com" [emphasis on extra "s"] is the correct email.

Which is it?

What worked for me was customer.service, not customer.services

Either @DiveNav changed it to customer.services with the "s", or even he doesn't know what it is:)
Just first try customer.service@divenav.com, which is what worked for me. If it doesn't bounce back, wait a few days before giving up.

Last edited:
@DiveNav,

Would do your business good to take a lesson from "the sweet and gentle person."
Remembering back to the phone call I placed to your business, it was answered by a gruff recorded voice, partially unintelligible (accent of some sort?), that left an option to leave a message. At the least, your recorded message could instruct callers who want product support to email instead of waiting for a callback.

I would point out that the link you provide above gives no information on how to actually go about getting the CO service. Even getting to the point of putting it in the basket for checkout doesn't explain what will happen next. People might hesitate paying before knowing how the service will be provided.

My suggestion to people wanting service: don't do anything, including a frustrating search of the website for guidance, before emailing the " sweet and gentle person." BTW, she was that.
Hey @DiveNav this is a problem you can easily solve for $5.00 usd. Fiverr / Search Results for 'voicemail greeting'

I recently used that site to get some graphics created. Great results, considering the price.

What worked for me was customer.service, not customer.services

Either @DiveNav changed it to customer.services with the "s", or even he doesn't know what it is:)
Just first try customer.service@divenave.com, which is what worked for me. If it doesn't bounce back, wait a few days before giving up.
maybe without the extraneous e on divenav.com?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom