New restaurants.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some friends swear by Albertos Beach Bar.

It's not new, but for a beach bar, I really like Café del Mar, north of Airport Road by Playa Casitas. Good food and drink, and very laid back. Fun to watch the planes come in while having a lazy lunch and a few drinks.

Did a takeaway from Miss Dollar last night, good stuff! The naan is heavier than we’ve had back home. Lots of rice left over, need to grab a roast pollo on the way back from diving.

Anyone tried the new microbrewery across the street from La Choza? The menu includes some nicw sounding pizza.

It's not new, but for a beach bar, I really like Café del Mar, north of Airport Road by Playa Casitas. Good food and drink, and very laid back. Fun to watch the planes come in while having a lazy lunch and a few drinks.
Bad news for Cafe del Mar fans. They closed Dec 31.

Anyone tried the new microbrewery across the street from La Choza? The menu includes some nicw sounding pizza.
The microbrewery is Punta Sur Cervesaria. Pizza and brews are tasty!

For all vegans - we now have a 100% vegan restaurant. Cali Cafe on Rosada Salas between Av 10 and Av 15 - on the left side of the street. Blue and White - very small but 100% vegan owned by a darling couple! Open daily from 8am to 9pm - smoothies, juices, and vegan creations. No worries here about any animal products or dairy of course!

Unbelievable! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten looks of incredulity in Coz when I explain that I’m a vegan.

I went in there for a beer. The IPA was undrinkable. I didn't try the food since we planned to just grab a beer and then head over to Los Otates for dinner. My friend tried their Stout and it was also subpar, but better than the IPA.
Ambience was pleasant and there was a decent vibe to the place. Apparently the owner is a dive instructor on the island - or so I was told. For quality craft beer on the island, I have yet to find any place that beats La Internacional Cerveceria. They moved directly upstairs 2 months ago from their downstairs location. New digs are very nice and spacious both inside and outside.

I went in there for a beer. The IPA was undrinkable. I didn't try the food since we planned to just grab a beer and then head over to Los Otates for dinner. My friend tried their Stout and it was also subpar, but better than the IPA.
Ambience was pleasant and there was a decent vibe to the place. Apparently the owner is a dive instructor on the island - or so I was told. For quality craft beer on the island, I have yet to find any place that beats La Internacional Cerveceria. They moved directly upstairs 2 months ago from their downstairs location. New digs are very nice and spacious both inside and outside.

Agreed. I did 10 years as a beer importer in the USA, representing over 2000 breweries worldwide, before pursuing the scuba dream. So my beer palate is well respected on the island you might say. The owners came to me asking my opinion and I really couldn't give it to them without hurting their feelings. I go there now, but only because they usually have a guest IPA or two on draft (Cancun Brewing, Pescadores, etc.). I hope they learn to brew beer soon.

Keep an eye on La Chuperia. They have a few decent beers in bottles, and have a keg of an IPA on draft (currently Cancun Brewing Co). It's a cozy setting but more importantly they've made arrangements with a mainland brewery to build a micro brew house on property. I'm good friends with these owners so I'll have a watchful eye on beer production hahaha. Corner of 10 ave and 8 calle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom