Jonathan Bird panics while diving for sea lion video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prolly has something to do with that so-called Mistral.
I got all excited at first sighting and for a second thought it was another Argonaut Kraken :D

OK, got the idea but still had to read other people's posts before committing to presenting my view.

I can't actually remember being taught that pulling your mask up onto your forehead is a panicked diver response. I think I learned it on the internet. Obviously this guy was not anywhere near panicking.

Personally, I think it much more comfortable to push my mask up onto my head than to pull it down. That way it's not in the way. The only reason I don't push it up is because of this "panicked diver" thing.

In 49 years of diving I've seen two panicked divers and neither one pushed their mask up onto their head or removed their mask. In both instances they shot up towards the surface but did the exhale thing all the way up.

Back
Top Bottom