Lake Keowee SC access near the Jocasse dam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really have no idea about your original question. You might be able to try and get some info from the local dive shops.

In reference to spearing, I searched the Internet and came up with squat as far as the rules are concerned. I was under the impression catfish were considered gamefish in SC.

Boat:
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. I'll have a bass boat when I move to SC...maybe we can hook up for some diving/spearing. Boat
Sounds great. When do you return?
Me and my brother in law are thinking about a trip to Mulege Baja Sur Mexico, do you know anything about that area?

cahendrick:
Sounds great. When do you return?
Me and my brother in law are thinking about a trip to Mulege Baja Sur Mexico, do you know anything about that area?

I'll be moving close to Columbia in about a month or so. Probably will take me a month or so to get the boat back in shape. Mexico, I would have absolutely no idea. Found a good site with some vids if you wanna check it out.
www.fishkillaproductions.com Later, Boat

Boat:
I'll be moving close to Columbia in about a month or so. Probably will take me a month or so to get the boat back in shape. Mexico, I would have absolutely no idea. Found a good site with some vids if you wanna check it out.
www.fishkillaproductions.com Later, Boat
Well I got my OW and am taking my advanced this weekend. Have you got back yet?
Allen

Bobb:
Why would you want to? just curious...Jocassee is better viz than Keowee...although the hot hole is great!!!
Bobb
going to Jocasee this weekend...
Do you need a boat to get to the hot hole?

Scubaboy44... The area of "The Wall" in Jocassee was actually not a quarry before the lake was there... The Wall was formed because they used the rock removed from there to build the dam. There is a book called jocasse remembered that tells about what the area was like before the lake was built.

Boat:
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. I'll have a bass boat when I move to SC...maybe we can hook up for some diving/spearing. Boat
Well I got my OW and am 1/2 way thru my AOW. Still looking for a diving/spearing buddy.

cahendrick:
Well I got my OW and am 1/2 way thru my AOW. Still looking for a diving/spearing buddy.

Have you checked with any of the local dive shops? I used to live in Greenville and worked at Downunder Dive Center for several years. There was a dive club called Carolina Scuba Club that would dive Jocassee every few weeks. I believe the club is still in existance. I was like you before I joined the club, I was looking for dive buddies and coming up empty handed when I checked with the dive shop and found out about the club. After that I was at the lake nearly every weekend.

There was, at one time, another dive platform and a navigation course set up off the left side of the boat ramp. Divers weren't supposed to dive on that side of the ramp but we always did. If it's still there it's great for practicing your navigation skills as the vis wasn't very good on that side so you really need to be good at navigation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom