Cabo or Corridor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to take the winter months off (1990 to about 2002) and drive down to Los Barilles for the winter for sailboarding. We used to drive to Cabo Pulmo and were not impressed by the health of the seas. after looking at Dan's photographs, it seems that the sea life as recovered. After we return from SE Asia, I am sure that we will return to Cabo Pulmo in October does anyone have suggestions for accommodations at or near Cabo Pulmo and a dive shop or freelance. Depending on the conditions, we might drive to La Paz for diving. We will have our equipment, but will need tanks and weights. My wife speaks Spanish and we are super comfortable visiting the region.

Reactions: Dan
I used to take the winter months off (1990 to about 2002) and drive down to Los Barilles for the winter for sailboarding. We used to drive to Cabo Pulmo and were not impressed by the health of the seas. after looking at Dan's photographs, it seems that the sea life as recovered. After we return from SE Asia, I am sure that we will return to Cabo Pulmo in October does anyone have suggestions for accommodations at or near Cabo Pulmo and a dive shop or freelance. Depending on the conditions, we might drive to La Paz for diving. We will have our equipment, but will need tanks and weights. My wife speaks Spanish and we are super comfortable visiting the region.

Cabo Pulmo

Owned by a guy from California & operated by Italian DM when I was there in 2015. Very safety oriented. Nice bungalows, but no AC since they run the electric with solar power on the roof of the bungalows.

Another thing special with Cabo Pulmo beach resort, you can snorkel with sea lion with only 5 min boat ride from the resort.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Glad to know there's a contact (you) right there in La Paz.

So after my last post, I was reading in a news feed about the high number of gang related murders this year in the area and the recent ones in La Paz and Cabo. Wondering what your take is on all of that? Anything to be worried about?

I've been living in central america for over 12 years, most of that time spent in one of the most dangerous countries of them all. Every city in Central America, just like every city in North America has it's bad parts and bad elements. If you look past the "media sensationalism" La Paz and Cabo San Lucas are no different than other cities in the USA and Canada.

Do I feel safe? Yes.
I am worried about living here? No.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
To be honest, I think the most dangerous thing about visiting Mexico is being a pedestrian!

what about water temp/see conditions / fishes ( mOBULA, sHARKS,) In midmay ??,

i thik to say in Cabo pulo something like one week and from there dive a bit in la paz...

We are thinking of going to Cabo in late March, early April - sounds like the water may be quite cooler then. But are the dive conditions otherwise good? And what do most people bring for a wetsuit? Thanks for any tips.

We are thinking of going to Cabo in late March, early April - sounds like the water may be quite cooler then. But are the dive conditions otherwise good? And what do most people bring for a wetsuit? Thanks for any tips.

Have been researching myself for trip in January. Although we're staying in Cabo San Lucas where some charts show the average sea temp 75 degrees F, I got an email back from Cabo Pulmo Diving (thinking about a day trip to dive there) and they indicated the temp would be about 70 and the visibility about 20-30 feet, but still lots to see. It gets cooler Feb. thru April.

Personally, I will lesson the load in my luggage and not carry my 3 mm suit but will rent a 5 or 7 mm when we're there.

Will post any diving conditions info I get from ops in Cabo San Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom