GUE Cave curriculum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWZen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at most agencies standards, there are stage/multi-stage as well as technical cave certs following Full Cave.

How does this advanced curriculum fit within GUE Cave training? I understand that C2 is roughly equivalent to full cave plus a single stage. Now that GUE has eliminated C3 from the cirriculum, does a diver need to be at the T2 level to learn multi-stage or multiple bottle management?

Looking at most agencies standards, there are stage/multi-stage as well as technical cave certs following Full Cave.

How does this advanced curriculum fit within GUE Cave training? I understand that C2 is roughly equivalent to full cave plus a single stage. Now that GUE has eliminated C3 from the cirriculum, does a diver need to be at the T2 level to learn multi-stage or multiple bottle management?

Apologies if this would be better suited to the DIR forum, please feel free to re-locate the thread. But I welcome a discussion about the merits and intracacies of continued education in cave diver training, regardless of agency/instructor as well. I have very little interest in seeing the other side of 50+m, but the idea of extending run time to explore and become immersed in a (shallower) caves (particularly cenotes) fascinates me.

GUE Cave DPV involves multiple stages and scooters. It has Cave 2 and DPV 1 as prereqs

Cave 2 class teaches 1 deco bottle and 1 stage, but it gives you the tools to use more than one stage.

If you're dives are deep enough to require 2 deco bottles you really need tech 2.

Why was Cave 3 removed ?
In my opinion because no one took it.

If you're doing "cave 3" level dives you're already rolling with a group that will mentor you like MCEP, WKPP, AKEP, etc.

Are any of the exploration groups moving towards the GUE spec JJ over the RB80, or is it more of a deep ocean tool?

It’s been stated that GUE plans to create a new C3 and T3 course in the future. I have no idea what the planned content is.

People like AJ know a lot more about this subject than I do, but my instructor likened Cave 3 to a Ph.D. in cave diving. It wasn't about the nuts and bolts of cave diving--you were supposed to be proficient in all that already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom