boca area dive boats - likely to be going on during week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Want to dive next week when in Florida - staying near boca / deerfield. Called a couple of shops, seems like most don't have boats with enough people to run next Thursday as of now - do they usually fill up during the week of? or does anyone know which outfits are more likely to be running (obviously weather permitting)

Want to dive next week when in Florida - staying near boca / deerfield. Called a couple of shops, seems like most don't have boats with enough people to run next Thursday as of now

This current weekend was a big dive weekend with lots of tournaments and activities going on, but most of us are blown out due to the strong winds. That's why most people have not yet committed/booked boats for next week,,,like Thurs May 25th as you mentioned.

Good news is that long range (7 days to us) wave forecasts are predicting the wind to be light off the land (leeward) so it should be 1-3's and some boats will fill up fast. It's also a holiday weekend and lot of people will be in town diving. I'd look for your bigger boats that always run Boca / Pompano / Lantana inlets and make a reservation on Monday the 22nd. That should firm up the forecast and the boats will know what kind of passenger load they have. REMEMBER that a 26 passenger boat that only goes out with 6 divers is still a "six pack" so don't shy away from a big boat. I've completely enjoyed having 12 seats all to myself on a weekday to spread out and lay across the whole bench soaking in the warm sunshine asking them to play my favorite music.

thanks all - looks like a bunch have things scheduled, but not enough divers - in NC they tend to fill up weeks or months in advance - wasn't sure how it worked in Florida - I am booked with the diversity - they will call me the day before if it is not going, then I will call around -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom