Drysuit and drysuit course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but the difference between the E-Lite (4,2 kg) and the E-Motion+ (3,9 kg) is not really significant in my opinion. The difference between E-Motion (3,2 kg) and E-Lite could make a difference when travelling. I'am attracted to the E-Motion+ because of the extra flexibility over the E-Lite. But it comes at a price as I understand.

AJ:
True, but the difference between the E-Lite (4,2 kg) and the E-Motion+ (3,9 kg) is not really significant in my opinion. The difference between E-Motion (3,2 kg) and E-Lite could make a difference when travelling. I'am attracted to the E-Motion+ because of the extra flexibility over the E-Lite. But it comes at a price as I understand.

The E-Motion+ wasn't available when I bought my E-Motion, so the weight difference (and volume when folded up in a bag, enabling the E-Motion to pack more compactly) was a real factor in my decision between the E-Motion and E-Lite. Perhaps the E-Motion+ offers the best of both the E-Motion and E-Lite.

If you get the Santi steer clear of the tizip. Mine (Emotion) leaked after 2 years and I was told I'm one of the lucky ones because mine lasted so long.

The GUE centre that replaced my zipper had a bin full of tizips.m

If I had to choose a Santi again I'd go with Elite. The Emotion material is too thin and the area where the backplate contacts your back will probably show a lot of wear.

If you get the Santi steer clear of the tizip. Mine (Emotion) leaked after 2 years and I was told I'm one of the lucky ones because mine lasted so long.

Just a note, Santi no longer uses Ti-Zip and hasn't for some time. They still offer plastic zippers, but they are manufactured by YKK.

Just a note, Santi no longer uses Ti-Zip and hasn't for some time. They still offer plastic zippers, but they are manufactured by YKK.

For people with YKK plastic zippers..How are they holding out or is it too early too tell?

For people with YKK plastic zippers..How are they holding out or is it too early too tell?

My YKK (a T-zip replacement) "seems" to be ok, although my torso is getting wet in my SANTI. It may be the seams or the fabric itself, and I suspect it is.

My original TiZip is still bone dry after ~250 dives.

My original TiZip is still bone dry after ~250 dives.

My impression is that if they lasted 50 dives or so, they were likely to last "forever". The nice thing about them dying "early" is that the warranty claims are easy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom