Storing and cleaning Semi-drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello.
Does anyone know how to best store and clean a semi-drysuit? I have a Novascotia semi-drysuit and to be honest the internet confuses me, alot of people say you should hang your suit and clean it with shampoo others say the opposite - dont wash with shampoo and store it folded.
Please help!

You know what they say about opinions.... Everybody has one. I rinse my wet and semi drysuits with fresh water and store them on wide hangers in a closet. The argument for storing folded is that hangars can cause wear on the suit. I don't have convenient shelf storage for all my suits, and so far haven't had a problem. My oldest suit is only about 4 years old though.

About once a year or so I wash my wetsuits in "slosh". It's good smelling shampoo that diveshops around here sell. Baby shampoo would probably be about the same I'd guess.

I do store my full drysuit folded, because it came with a storage bag, and folds into the bag. Also it's way too long to store on a hanger.

Just my opinion. After each trip, thorough soaking in fresh water with occasional manual agitation for at least 24h followed by 2 days drying hanging inside out then another 2 days hanging right side out. Once fully dry, fresh beeswax on the brass zipper. Then stored on the hanger with the zipper almost closed. The hanger is a proper one for dive equipment with wide shoulder support (about 2 inches).

I also rinse my wetsuits with a mixture of fresh water and two caps of Listerine in a 20gal tub. Listerine kills any bacteria and leaves the neoprene smelling FRESH. Hang to allow drying and then stored in a spare bedroom closet on a big strong hanger..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom