Leg mounted DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDF has a couple inexpensive scooters right now. Keep an eye over there and on The Deco Stop, used scooters are constantly coming up.

Jetboots are probably well over $2K - probably 3/4 times that. Milspec and I believe the battery is hot-swappable underwater. That all costs..
Wow was I off on the price...lol

Sometimes I wonder what happens if you lose directional control of the Jetboots and go head-first into the side of a ship, underwater cliff or other? A diver might end up exploding like my favorite scene in the rebreather movie "The Cave". :D Also, would be good to add in the cost of the LARV breather if you're going full on mil. spec. Jet boots.

If you're interested in a tank mounted version like the Pegasus, let me know. I have one of the predecessor scooters from a defunct company. I haven't used it in years and would sell it for a song.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Do you still have it?

Yes I do. Since the battery is probably no good anymore and would be too expensive to ship overseas, I would suggest you check on purchasing a battery locally. I will send you the details for the battery.

I don't know if you ever heard back from P3M, but for the record, Jet boots cost about $30K and they are under ITAR restrictions. You can buy it, but you are under contract with the restrictions (ie - you can't take it out of the country without prior permission from the government).

For that price range you would probably be better off picking up a used Oceanic Mako/Aeris Voyager in good shape or an Apollo/Dacor. You might also be able to find a Dive Xtras Sierra or Echo. Not that I would necessarily recommend it but if you have to go hands free there are saddles made for all of the above that you can use to convert them to hands-free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom