places to stay in nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Junzhe Davy Zou

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I am diving with blackbeards and have booked my flight to arrive 1 day before and depart 2 days after the liveaboard. This way I can have some time to explore and check out the rest of the island.

Nov 28-Dec4 is the blackbeard date.

I am now trying to arrange accomodations but the hotels listed on the blackbeard's website hasn't gotten back to me yet. So I am starting to plan for contingencies.

I am thinking two places, for Nov 27 just somewhere cheap and close to the docks will do. (and the Harbor Club has yet to replyto my questions). As for Dec4-5 I can stay somewhere a bit nicer.

Does anyone have any advice on where to stay?

Thanks

Not sure how long you have been waiting for a reply from the Nassau Harbor Club. I have had to wait a couple days for a response in the past if they had to verify information regarding my questions.

The Red Carpet Inn is within walking distance of the dock. The Town Hotel is downtown but priced competitively.
What are you planning to do on the island? If you are looking to take in Paradise Island and or tour the city then staying on the east end makes sense. There is a nice walking tour that you can do that covers a couple of the forts, the queens staircase and other local attractions.
The west end of the island is very different than the east side. Much less traffic but also less to do without a cab ride. If you are thinking about spending time at the beach and perhaps a little snorkeling then the Orange Hill inn might fit the bill. There is also the Ocean Atlas a large underwater sculpture that was place off the west end of the Island about a year ago.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

We do a trip with Blackbeard's every year and most of the time I stay at the Nassau Harbor Club but I have found as of lately that the Red Carpet Inn is a better choice. Neither are 5 star hotels by any means but for the money the Red Carpet at least smells fresher and has a fridge. Since it is right across the street that is where I will be staying every year for now on.

I've stayed at El Greco hotel whenever I'm there. It's cheap and clean. Clean enough if you just want a place to sleep anyway. Right off junkanoo beach so pretty close to everything. Within walking distance of downtown, straw market area, Bay St. shops, etc. Not sure if it's still open though.

Not sure how long you have been waiting for a reply from the Nassau Harbor Club. I have had to wait a couple days for a response in the past if they had to verify information regarding my questions.
Its been almost a week. about 3~4 days for the rest. Red Carpet Inn did get get back to yesterday, but their reviews gives me a lot of second thoughts.

I've stayed at El Greco hotel whenever I'm there. It's cheap and clean. Clean enough if you just want a place to sleep anyway. Right off junkanoo beach so pretty close to everything. Within walking distance of downtown, straw market area, Bay St. shops, etc. Not sure if it's still open though.

Another vote on El Greco. It is across the street from a beach, next door to a police station, and a couple blocks from the US embassy. Quality isn't bad for the price (best price in town). It is a long walk from Blackbeards, but a cab is cheap. I stayed there last November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom