Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at taking my IDC in the Caymans in March of 2005. Maybe we'll cross paths underwater.

Welcome to the board,
Grier

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

I agree with HH. Check out Greater Carribean & Bahamas.

Welcome to the boards!!!

My non-diving wife and I were at the Brac this past spring. She divided her time between sunbathing, shadebathing/reading. But....over the course of the week, (as my underwater photography improved) she got more and more interested in the water and we spent our last day snorkeling many of the local shallow waters together. (Methinks a scuba class is in the future for Fair Wife).

Brac Reef Beach Resort is managed by a great lady named Trudy who went WAY OUT OF HER WAY to make our stay better than ever (we're planning on returning there for Christmas 2005). I'm an amateur chef/wannabe cook and am highly critical of others food and can say nothing but good things about the quality of the food.

Everything that everyone else has said about ReefDivers is on the mark. The staff was great, especially my DM's. (I had Marc from Great Britain and Robert from the Brac). Admittedly I'm somewhat biased, as this was my first warm water diving experience (I have since sold almost all of my cold water gear...and am never looking back) but the WHOLE experience was beyond my expectations.

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions but I'd DEFINITELY RECCOMMEND BRBR.

Windknot aka Sean

I just returned from the Brac, stayed at Brac Reef. The divemasters at Reef Divers via Brac Reef are the best. They do everything for you they can, make you feel comfortable no matter what skill level you are. I'm savaing my penny's to return as soon as possible.

Vic

I'm just a little puzzled why so many greeters have refered the original poster to the forum that he's just posted on.

My guess is that this post originally started out in the introductions.

divenut2001:
I'm just a little puzzled why so many greeters have refered the original poster to the forum that he's just posted on.

I too had an excellent experience at Brac Reef Beach Resort. I was there in 2001 the week after 9/11. It was a trip arranged by my local dive shop. It was such a great trip that they have gone back every year since then, including this upcoming September.

I have a photo gallery from my Cayman Brac trip.

divenut2001:
The post was originally in the Introduction forum. A moderator moved it here.

Just to put in my two cents worth. We stayed at the Divi Tiara and would definetly not reccomend it. The service was marginal, the place needed a fairly major face lift and the dive op would probably rank at the bottom of the list for me in regards to the ops that I have used in the Carib. The food was good in the restraunt but past that...
By they way, do you know that they still allow turtle hunting in the Caymans? I personnaly won't go back to the Caymans just because of that.

parrotman:
By they way, do you know that they still allow turtle hunting in the Caymans? I personnaly won't go back to the Caymans just because of that.
Wrong...totally wrong. A fine of up to $500,000 can be assessed simply for "harrassing" the turtles, let alone taking them. The only people allowed to harvest turtles are at the turtle farm on Grand Cayman, and that entails harvesting only farmed turtles in return for releasing a set percentage of their crop to the wild.

I honestly believe the CI puts more muscle (money, enforcement) into protecting the marine environment than any place I have ever been. We have a full-time marine patrol officer on Little Cayman, and he is normally out in his boat instead of in an office. Spearfishing of ANYTHING is not allowed on scuba, and the marine patrol officer is definitely watching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom