Coron Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter,
Which airlines you eventually choose to fly to Coron you can rest assure that they won't treat you like UA did!!

Thanks I hope not. We will probably fly Philippine Airlines.

Dive with Kevin Underwood... He has vast experience with respect to the wrecks.. Thousands of dives there over many years... He also has accommodation available ... Basic but very reasonable costs.. Don't worry about bringing your dive gear... Cebu Pacific have packages available... Let me know if you would like contact details..

Inquire with Techasia and see if they have any openings on their Coron 2016 Charters on the Rags II Liveaboard:

Dive Expeditions | HMS Hermes | Java Sea | Truk | South China Sea.

Note: the Rags II schedule shows the above in 2016 as "Full Charter", but actually it is the Dive Operator Techasia purchasing the full charter and then offering for resale the available openings to fill the charter:

http://www.apo-reef-coron-wrecks-liveaboard.com/pdf/Schedule.pdf

Philippines Diving liveaboard - Cave - Wreck - Technical Diving.

Highly recommend both Rags II Liveaboard and Techasia Dive-ops Puerto Galera Philippines to properly dive the Coron wrecks with full technical breathing gases (O2 & Helium as needed for blending bottom mixes and deco gases), and equipment logistics support.

Technical Diving | Puerto Galera | Philippines | With Nitrox and Trimix courses.

Dive with Kevin Underwood... He has vast experience with respect to the wrecks.. Thousands of dives there over many years... He also has accommodation available ... Basic but very reasonable costs.. Don't worry about bringing your dive gear... Cebu Pacific have packages available... Let me know if you would like contact details..

Yes the contact details would be good thanks

---------- Post added July 27th, 2015 at 10:44 AM ----------

Inquire with Techasia and see if they have any openings on their Coron 2016 Charters on the Rags II Liveaboard:

Dive Expeditions | HMS Hermes | Java Sea | Truk | South China Sea.

Note: the Rags II schedule shows the above in 2016 as "Full Charter", but actually it is the Dive Operator Techasia purchasing the full charter and then offering for resale the available openings to fill the charter:

http://www.apo-reef-coron-wrecks-liveaboard.com/pdf/Schedule.pdf

Philippines Diving liveaboard - Cave - Wreck - Technical Diving.

Highly recommend both Rags II Liveaboard and Techasia Dive-ops Puerto Galera Philippines to properly dive the Coron wrecks with full technical breathing gases (O2 & Helium as needed for blending bottom mixes and deco gases), and equipment logistics support.

Technical Diving | Puerto Galera | Philippines | With Nitrox and Trimix courses.

The wrecks aren't that deep are they. From memory the wrecks are only around 30-40 metres in Coron? I wouldn't think Helium would be necessary and especially given the cost?

Anyway I will add your recommendations to my list. Looks like this will be a 2016 trip now as I have run out of time to organise it.

The wrecks aren't that deep are they. From memory the wrecks are only around 30-40 metres in Coron? I wouldn't think Helium would be necessary and especially given the cost?

Anyway I will add your recommendations to my list. Looks like this will be a 2016 trip now as I have run out of time to organise it.
The wrecks are indeed NOT very deep but Tec Asia is GUE approved centre! So you better enquire about the use of He. And given the cost of this noble gas in Philippines, your gas bill could be quite steep.
5 days is never enough to dive those wrecks.

iirc the irako is in about 45m of water

combine that with it being a significantly longer boat trip away and it's a bit tricky getting there, I've not been but it's supposed to be one of the best there

The wrecks are indeed NOT very deep but Tec Asia is GUE approved centre! So you better enquire about the use of He. And given the cost of this noble gas in Philippines, your gas bill could be quite steep.
5 days is never enough to dive those wrecks.

Ok thanks, I wont be using helium. Don't see the need on these dives, although O2 will be required. We are still considering doing this trip in Sept in my other trip falls through due to bad weather

iirc the irako is in about 45m of water

combine that with it being a significantly longer boat trip away and it's a bit tricky getting there, I've not been but it's supposed to be one of the best there

Just to respond here - The Irako is one of the easiest wrecks to get too and is located at a maximum depth of 40-42m, most of the upper levels being around 30-35m in depth.

The Irako and the Kyukozan Maru (to the North of the Island) are by far the two best wrecks IMHO. The Okikawa Maru and Akikushima are good also, the Kyoko Maru and Morozan Maru are worth a look if you have time - I wouldn't be too concerned about giving the other wrecks a miss in favour of additional dives on the better wrecks.

Just to respond here - The Irako is one of the easiest wrecks to get too and is located at a maximum depth of 40-42m, most of the upper levels being around 30-35m in depth.

The Irako and the Kyukozan Maru (to the North of the Island) are by far the two best wrecks IMHO. The Okikawa Maru and Akikushima are good also, the Kyoko Maru and Morozan Maru are worth a look if you have time - I wouldn't be too concerned about giving the other wrecks a miss in favour of additional dives on the better wrecks.

I would like to dive them all and then additional dives on the better wrecks. Sometimes I have found that wrecks which others think are just ordinary, are quite exciting.

There are 7 relatively big wrecks in Coron and to have a good look at all of them would require considerable time. On top of this, the choice of dive sites could be out of your hand! Therefore Rags II is a very good suggestion because of (1) early start of the day (2) your own bed to rest between dives (3) good food (4) twin set + deco gas + rental of tec gears if required (5) epxerienced crew on tec dive. etc etc.
But the problem is you only have 5 days for the FUN.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom