Sea Hunt Starring LLoyd Bridges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow... I wasn't aware of the comic! Zale Parry comes out to my island most springs with a group from Santa Barbara led by retired harbor patrolman Ed Stetson. It's been fun to talk to her about her experiences here dating back to the 1950s when she set the women's deep diving record off the island. One of her safety divers, Cap Perkins, was a friend of mine but passed away.

Love to have a reboot. Be fun to set it in the 1950s or do an airplane style version (Lloydd was my all time favorite air traffic controller).

this sounds enticing. I ordered it now. I put some cookies in the oven and now I can't wait to watch it.

I remember bring up Sea Hunt year ago when I was getting certified,, most of the class, being younger looked puzzled. ( telling my age now). Instructor smiled and we all had a good laugh. It was one of my favorite shows and how Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) was always in such clear water. Found Complete season 1 on Amazon for around $6.00. Good memory..

As far as old shows are concerned, does anyone here remember 'Primus' ? I think I was 5 or 6 when it was aired, never had a chance to see it again.

I have a set of about 20-odd DVDs, each with four episodes. It's standard rainy-day viewing at our Tobermory place. Mike had a few cool gizmos that I've noticed watching these shows... My favorite is the "Multiplying Tank"... He jumps out of the boat wearing a single. Part way down, the film shows him wearing twins. When he gets into deep water, they magically become triples. This would really help my back!

I've also noticed amazing fins. Again, when he jumps of his boat, the Argonaut, they appear as sneakers, but morph into fins in the water. This would be a great safety feature.

You'll also see some "future stars" appearing in various episodes, usually as villains... Larry Hagman and Leonard Nimoy come to mind. There are also recycled actors... There's a few guys of swarthy complexion and with unusual accents that is kind of a "Boris Karlov meets Zorro" hybrid. These guys appear in different episodes sometimes as a corrupt government official in a mysterious southern country, a fisherman in Baha, or a foreign Coast Guard officer. "Continuity" is lacking a bit...

It's an awesome, endlessly entertaining series and should be mandatory watching for an diver.

My husband and I both remember Sea Hunt from our childhood so I bought the series for him at Christmas. I got them from Amazon; if you order "The Complete Series" as one set - it's a bit cheaper but I read some online reviews with comments about "bad discs that wouldn't play" so I ordered each season separately. We haven't had any problems with them and I think they cost around $45 total. We have really been enjoying them. It's a trip down memory lane. Mike "saves the day" frequently and he often saves "pretty scuba-diving lady scientists" too!

I watched this episode of Sea Hunt the other day and Mike Nelson had to deal with some bad guys that were farming a hybrid form of marijuana underwater! Perhaps this could be another cause of "rapture of the deep!" :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrEI_JdQvy4

Back
Top Bottom