Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, knowing how you dive, I bet you took it!

---------- Post added January 13th, 2015 at 07:52 PM ----------

Maybe he has to be referring to your son's EXTREMELY rude buzzing of that photographer trying to take a shot.So, you not only harass wildlife, you harass photogs. THAT is the family tradition he may be referring to.

---------- Post added January 13th, 2015 at 07:58 PM ----------

When I see another photog working, even if it is a subject I hope to get to, I wait patiently and stay the heck away from his spot, so I don't disturb his subject. That swooping by obviously spooked his subject, as seen by the photog looking up to see what had just happened.

We are allowed to take those shells, I didn't. I've found large beautiful ones there before, but for some reason your comments lead me to consider taking one for my office.

As for buzzing a photographer... LOL.. I hope you are kidding about threatening to stab my child..This place is getting weird.:no:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bit over the top Allison, as in way over the top.

Same weekend this video was taken and only perhaps 150 feet away I was kicked several times in the face by a diver while photographing a nudibranch. Ruined the shot, but no need for violence. Wish it had been DD's kid around me instead of that diver I might have gotten my shot and been inspired by someone's ability to hold their breath. I'm sure the subject the photographer was working with was unpaid and probably having his privacy violated but I bet he came back and continued posing for the nude photo shoot. (It's just pictures of fish!)

Might be allowed to take shells but much appreciated if people don't. Encourages others less smart to take them, possibly with life inside, and other animals might be along to trade up and into that she'll shortly. I'm sure that's why DD didn't take it.

And while I disagree with many of DD's animal harassment have any of you ever seen an animal more oblivious to humans than a sharp tail eel? Get on his case for bothering sea life that is clearly bothered by it but I've never seen a
Sharp tail bothered by anything.

That's a bit over the top Allison, as in way over the top.

Same weekend this video was taken and only perhaps 150 feet away I was kicked several times in the face by a diver while photographing a nudibranch. Ruined the shot, but no need for violence. Wish it had been DD's kid around me instead of that diver I might have gotten my shot and been inspired by someone's ability to hold their breath. I'm sure the subject the photographer was working with was unpaid and probably having his privacy violated but I bet he came back and continued posing for the nude photo shoot. (It's just pictures of fish!)

Might be allowed to take shells but much appreciated if people don't. Encourages others less smart to take them, possibly with life inside, and other animals might be along to trade up and into that she'll shortly. I'm sure that's why DD didn't take it.

And while I disagree with many of DD's animal harassment have any of you ever seen an animal more oblivious to humans than a sharp tail eel? Get on his case for bothering sea life that is clearly bothered by it but I've never seen a
Sharp tail bothered by anything.

I have to agree.....There is this huge PADI push to awaken divers to not touch anything.....and there did need to be awareness about divers not injuring marine life....
In actual fact, with all the man handling I have seen DD involved with in his videos, I do not believe he has EVER hurt anything that he was not hunting.
It might be disconcerting, with the general zen everyone is trying to go with, but I would rather have DD and his kid diving around us at the BHB anyday, than the hordes of Groupon instructors coming from parts North of Hobe Sound or Orlando. Those are the groups that do the real damage to the BHB.

A single clip from that day.. They do seem oblivious to divers and everything else.

[video=youtube_share;usu-yoZAQwg]http://youtu.be/usu-yoZAQwg[/video]

Just a few pics from my dives over the last couple of weeks (photos taken between 1/1 and 1/12/15). It's been beautiful lately!

seahorse red.jpg cerberilla.jpg seahorse yellow.jpg juvenile longlure.jpg

I have to agree.....There is this huge PADI push to awaken divers to not touch anything.....and there did need to be awareness about divers not injuring marine life....
In actual fact, with all the man handling I have seen DD involved with in his videos, I do not believe he has EVER hurt anything that he was not hunting.
It might be disconcerting, with the general zen everyone is trying to go with, but I would rather have DD and his kid diving around us at the BHB anyday, than the hordes of Groupon instructors coming from parts North of Hobe Sound or Orlando. Those are the groups that do the real damage to the BHB.

I have to agree about the eel, but would add that it's terrible form to publicize the molestation. DD may be a PH.D. in marine biology and specialized in handling marine life...that doesn't make it ok to post a video of him picking up every creature he runs across on a public dive forum just because it caused no harm to the creature. His poor form speaks volume to his character...he may have taught his son good diving skills, but that doesn't necessarily translate to him being a good person. Michael Vick was a good quarterback...just sayin.

I have to agree about the eel, but would add that it's terrible form to publicize the molestation. DD may be a PH.D. in marine biology and specialized in handling marine life...that doesn't make it ok to post a video of him picking up every creature he runs across on a public dive forum just because it caused no harm to the creature. His poor form speaks volume to his character...he may have taught his son good diving skills, but that doesn't necessarily translate to him being a good person. Michael Vick was a good quarterback...just sayin.

Maybe we look at this from another perspective....the THREAT perspective....If we look at who represents the biggest threats to marine life, and who represents the positive forces to raise awareness and potentially reduce threats to marine life....I'd be making a list like..

Threat list:
  1. Commercial fishing by net or long line or other mass harvesting technique
  2. sharkfinners everywhere...and remember that an ecosystem has it's HEALTH most effected by the health of the apex predators....decimating a species like snapper or hogfish, is not remotely as dangerous to the marine ecosystem as is decimating the Shark population, which will end up allowing the entire natural balance to disintegrate.
  3. City Sewage and Agricultural run-off being streamed out of the intercoastal into the ocean
  4. At a virtual Petting Zoo which has become a primary Dive Destination for dive tourists from all over the world( BHB Marine Park), Collectors actually represent a severe threat as they will attempt to remove many of the creatures at this wild Zoo, that people have traveled so far to see.....Worse still, many collectors claim legal right to do so, and maintain an attitude of Righteous indignation that we would suggest they should not remove the rare creatures so many people have traveled to see.
  5. Private boaters anchoring on our coral reefs, doing severe damage to the reefs.

Against this list of severe threats, Dumpster does more to increase visibility of beautiful marine life, and to increase awareness of the marine ecosystem, than most divers do...Even though he purposely pulls the chain of many of us, due to "what passes for his sense of humour" :) , he does far more good with this increased awareness he creates, than any potential harm that can be ATTRIBUTED TO HIM.
In other words, we have real threats most of us ignore every day....threats we really cant afford to ignore. Ranting about DD.... is like a homeowner screaming at a neighbor that just let it's dog pee on his lawn.... while only 20 feet away from him, there is a city sewage pipe, dumping sewage onto his lawn, a ton per hour. And the homeowner ignores the sewage leak, like it is not even happening.... Most on this board that rant at DD....are very much like the homeowner....Now if any of you have made a dent in commercial fishing, and shark finning, and city sewage, etc....then you might honestly be able to make some suggestions to DD about what is good or bad about what he is doing. If he is doing more good than you are, probably it is not right to say much against his behavior :)

Some of his stuff does annoy me, he likes to pull your chain...that's who he is. But I would rather have him with us here, than to not have him around.....that is something we obviously would not say for the items on the threat list.

A single clip from that day.. They do seem oblivious to divers and everything else.

[video=youtube_share;usu-yoZAQwg]http://youtu.be/usu-yoZAQwg[/video]
Damn bro, still managing to rumble people's feathers.

Nice.

:)

And, knowing how you dive, I bet you took it!

---------- Post added January 13th, 2015 at 07:52 PM ----------

We are allowed to take those shells, I didn't. I've found large beautiful ones there before, but for some reason your comments lead me to consider taking one for my office.

As for buzzing a photographer... LOL.. I hope you are kidding about threatening to stab my child..This place is getting weird.:no:

If you park in the alley (and he was there for a while) you have to expect other divers may want to pass thru. I was there and gave him a courtesy U-turn but I'm not a kid free diving with a go pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom