backzip drysuits in GUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's a pinnacle evo II with brand new seals and a halcyon suit heater plug.
let me get my new suit ordered and i will post it for sale with a price

As long as you can don the suit without assistance and it doesn't prevent you from reaching your valves, GUE could care less where your zipper is at.

I don't consider helping my buddy pull his back zipper shut significant assistance - it takes 15 seconds, at most, and it's something that can be difficult to do (though there are workarounds). Contrast that with drysuit divers who can't tuck in their own hoods or take their own gloves off... it's kinda sad and says more about their attitude than their equipment.

Eelnoraa: correct, drysuit is not required for a Rec pass.

A drysuit is NOT required for a Fundies TECH pass. btw..
recommended ...sure, depending on where your at in the world, but not required.

A drysuit is NOT required for a Fundies TECH pass. btw..
recommended ...sure, depending on where your at in the world, but not required.

a drysuit is not even required for Cave 1, but it is highly recommended.

I guess my thought is given typical exposure in a fundies class, most fundies classes require an "appropriate exposure suit, and in most, if not all of the US, that is a drysuit.

I did t1 in a wetsuit in south Florida.

Buy a drysuit is a good thing to do fundies in if you're comfortable in it. If you're brand new to drysuit diving, your gunna have a bad time.

Like rlynch said, Drysuit is not required for a Tech Pass, however it will be noted on your Cert Card whether you completed the course in dry/wet suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom