Advice to the young and inebriated regarding weight belts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Laconic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If you're making a weight belt for the first time, do not drink any beers before trimming the webbing. :no: :cheers::no:

Just thread the buckle, pat yourself on the back for doing such a sweet job, and then put the belt down. :)

In the morning, it will be clear that you need extra length for the weights, particularly if you like to put in half-twists to lock the weights. :coffee:

Even without the beers, I never trust myself to measure webbing right the first time. I always leave it super long for at least a couple of dives, until I'm sure I didn't screw something up!

I use keepers to hold things in place instead of 1/4 twists. Start long and you can always keep some reserve at the inside end of the buckle.

Trimming the end to a nice tongue and singing is solid makes donning easier.

Pete

I use keepers to hold things in place instead of 1/4 twists. Start long and you can always keep some reserve at the inside end of the buckle.

Keepers! Yes. Thanks for reminding me those things exist...

Trimming the end to a nice tongue and singing is solid makes donning easier.

I hate putting on my weight belt. I'll try singing, maybe it will help . . . :)

I hate putting on my weight belt. I'll try singing, maybe it will help . . . :)

I knew that looked odd but it was early here. :) Yea I know, earlier for you. :)

yup, you can always cut more off but once its off its off

No matter how many times I cut it, it's still too short

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom