Sharm dive center advice in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennylane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning to head to Sharm in July despite the heat for a week of diving. We're traveling with some non-diving friends and staying at the Four Seasons. So while I would love to do a live aboard, we are land bound (certainly could be worse places to stay!).

I saw that there is a dive center at the Four Seasons, but assume that it will be double the price of other places and could not find any reviews on it (Sinai Blue Diving). As well, thinking given the heat of July, I want to make sure the boats we go out in are covered so we can seek refuge in the shade on ride out/back/between dives and know seems to be lots of ribs at the dive centers. I am okay with larger boats provided we have some flexibility to take our time (we are both AOW, ~150-175 dives, big into photography so don't want to hold the group back), but smaller is always nicer when diving!

Anyone have any experience or recommend alternate dive centers-- happy to bus it to an alternate dive center if better or split the week between the local one and another center if get best of both worlds. Or if you have experience at the four seasons dive center-- love to hear if it's on par/worth the extra money for the convenience factor.

Appreciate any advice folks can provide! Thanks very much.

Hi,

All the dive centers In Sharm el Sheikh will pick you up from any hotel free of charge.

Trips to famous Ras Mohammed depart from Travco Marina, the boats would be fairly large about 60 ft complete with kitchen, WC/shower, sitting room and a coverd upper deck. Map of southern part of Sharm El Sheikh

The Tiran sites are closer from Sharks Bay Harbor ( near your hotel ) and indeed some trips can be done by speed boat but the vast majority are from the larger hard-boats. Big map of northern part of Sharm El Sheikh

Photo 3+4. our dive boat in Sharks Bay Harbor Dive Center Reviews | Dive In Sharm, Renaissance Golden View Beach | Sharm el Sheikh | Scuba Diving Reviews | Scubadviser

There are not so many visitors due to travel alerts the major European tour operators have stopped selling this destination since February this year, except for the British, Russian and others.

diverLux, I've been to Sharm only once but going back in early September. Are there any local dive centers that are particular bargains? I found some online but all are onsite at one of the resort hotels which same as pennylane said, I can assume their prices are a lot higher than one that is not on hotel grounds. We're staying in Naama Bay most likely but I'm still somewhat considering Shark's Bay and taxiing to Naama at night just because I'm assuming there's no shore diving in Naama Bay and we'd like to do some non-guided shore diving for one day perhaps, as well as our boat dives in Ras Mohammed and Tiran.

Sinai divers and Ocean college both based in naama bay check out their websites for deals. they pick you up from your hotel foc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom