What Regulator is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting, I have seen the first associated with Seapro and was told that was what it was....is it possible Seapro had a deal with Submarex...or vise versa?

As the owner of this regulator I would like to thank everyone who helped in identifying it especially regulator bj . It is almost certainty a SeaPro Zepher. For evidence I direct you all to this post. If anyone want this vintage and apparently rare regulator it is for sale for the right price. I have inspected the internal parts and all of the rubber parts are in great condition and as a whole it appears to be in working order. Again thanks everyone.Here is a link to it for sale or trade.

Last edited:
lmao. Well no wonder I never found it. ZephEr. Not ZephYr. Interesting. I'm assuming they went in at an angle on the early models and then from the end after changing the name. Nice detective work. t sure is an interesting piece, but I'm skeptical as to whether it holds any real value

lmao. Well no wonder I never found it. ZephEr. Not ZephYr. Interesting. I'm assuming they went in at an angle on the early models and then from the end after changing the name. Nice detective work. t sure is an interesting piece, but I'm skeptical as to whether it holds any real value
What did they change the name to?
If you read the article on the other post that is linked to in my previous post you will find that the end white piece is used to stop free-flow so if they changed the placement of the hose to the end it would require a significant redesign. That would explain the name change. Also the hose coming in at an angle does not get in the way at all event though it may look like it does.Here is a link to it for sale or trade.

Last edited:

As a regulator for scuba diving it has no value. it will be (next to) impossible to get it serviced and there are much better regs on the market.

As a collectible, however.... To a serious collector it will be valuable simply due to the fact that it's very rare.

R..

As a regulator for scuba diving it has no value. it will be (next to) impossible to get it serviced and there are much better regs on the market.

As a collectible, however.... To a serious collector it will be valuable simply due to the fact that it's very rare.

R..
If you know any serious collectors it would be much appreciated if you would tell them about this regulator and send them my way. Here is a link to it for sale or trade

Last edited:
I'm not a collector myself but if you post in the "vintage" forum here then you'll soon have some kind of lead.

Another idea is to put an add up on the classifieds. Don't mention a price, just offer the regulator and specify that you're looking for collectors. Then put a link to your add in your signature saying:

"I have a rare Seapro Zephyr for sale. Looking for collectors. <link>" and then put the link to your ad on your signature. that way every time you post people will see it.

Also, there are very few (like zero) references to this regulator on Google. You may be the only person ever to have posted a picture of one (it would appear to be that rare) so if someone is using Google to find one then posting an ad in classifieds will help them find you and the pictures.

R..

---------- Post added December 5th, 2013 at 10:32 AM ----------

Oh... and Scubaboard is awesome. Where else can you post a picture of a regulator that only a few people even knew existed and get a positive ID within a couple of days. I'm constantly amazed by the amount of knowledge this community has.

R..

According to the Scuba Collector Scubacollector web site:

The Swiss made Submarex- "
The Submarex AG, Bitziberg 5, 8184 Bachenbülach was founded in 1974 They had a logo that looked like the Scubapro one. Some of the regs also looked similar and can be called copies. There was also a reg named Atmos which worked like a Poseidon reg."

I wonder if Ericsson got into the dive gear biz for a while...that first stage looks like an old Ericophone. :)

cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom