Request to help identify a scubapro first stage (regulator #3)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsie king

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello fellow divers,

I have been given some regulators and I am trying to identify them. this one is I believe a Mark II variant. Can somebody identify which one ?

I am posting several regs, each in a different thread to not mix several pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_6217.jpeg
    IMG_6217.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6218.jpeg
    IMG_6218.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6221.jpeg
    IMG_6221.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 50
I may be off on this, but from the outside it appears to be a MK10 first stage.

The MK10 could be easily upgraded to the MK10+ by exchanging it's piston and seat, as that was the main difference. Without looking inside I do not know how to differentiate the two.

The second stage is a ScubaPro R190.

Attachments

• MK10 - Schematics (1993).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • R190 - Schematics (2010).pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 47
I may be off on this, but from the outside it appears to be a MK10 first stage.

The MK10 could be easily upgraded to the MK10+ by exchanging it's piston and seat, as that was the main difference. Without looking inside I do not know how to differentiate the two.

The second stage is a ScubaPro R190.
The satin finish top cap is for sure MK10+, regular MK10 is same chrome finish as the rest of the reg (although some were upgraded to plus without changing the top cap).

The assumption that it is MK10+ would be based on the matte finish seat retainer, indicating conversion from original MK10 status. The only way to confirm is by opening up the regulator to check internal parts. The MK10+ piston will have a bushing installed and more rounded edge compared to MK10 piston, in addition to using different high pressure seats.

I might end up opening it to be sure of the model.

The satin finish top cap is for sure MK10+, regular MK10 is same chrome finish as the rest of the reg (although some were upgraded to plus without changing the top cap).

That's a great catch! I just saw the chrome finish and didn't realize that the cap was in a satin finish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom