New Suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have heard a rumor that they will be showing it at beneath the sea in March in Seacaucus sp?? NJ

My LDS is already taking orders and expects the first models to arrive mid April. I already dive with the Stinger and absolutely love it but I am really interested in this new model because of the capability to switch between the 3 nitrox mixes. I usually dive with nitrox and carry a side slung cylinder with 40% for enhanced deco but I have to stick to my Stinger's one setting (guess I am buying added safety) but I'd appreciate the ability to set for gas switches. Thing is, I am going to buy another Stinger for redundancy and can't afford to buy two Vytecs instead.

Will definitely be 'borrowing' one for a few try dives though!

Regards

VYTEC MULTIGAS DIVECOMPUTER

Suunto Vytec – Multigas Decompression Computer with Optional Wireless Transmission

Suunto proudly introduces its new flagship product, the Suunto Vytec. The Suunto Vytec is a versatile full decompression computer for the advanced diver. Its three operating modes, ability to set multiple gasses and its optional wireless pressure transmission probably makes it the most feature-rich dive computer on the market.

The Vytec provides a wide range of operating modes and settings that can be set to suit every diver’s needs with an easy-to-operate user interface. Operating mode specific displays, reliable push-buttons and a clear display add to user friendliness.

Versatile Decompression Computer

The Suunto Vytec has three operating modes: Air, Nitrox and Gauge. The Air mode is for using standard air only, the Nitrox mode for use with up to three nitrox mixes containing 20-99% oxygen and the Gauge mode for use as simple bottomtimer. The Suunto Vytec uses an adjustable Suunto RGBM model for decompression calculations.

Multiple Gases

The Suunto Vytec enables the technically oriented diver to switch gases during the dive. When in Nitrox mode the user can preset up to three different gas-mixes containing 21-99% oxygen. Preferred gas mixes can be stored as default (e.g. EAN32, EAN50, EAN99), and be set ON or OFF for each dive, or modified as needed. The Suunto Vytec provides easy and reliable gas switching between enabled gases during the dive. Gas switching is allowed only for gases that lie within chosen maximum PO2 limits. CNS and OTU values are displayed using a Oxygen Limit Fraction (OLF) bar graph.

Optional Wireless Pressure Transmission

The Suunto Vytec is available with an optional wireless pressure transmitter that can easily be attached to the high-pressure port. The wireless operation can easily be enabled or disabled in the Vytec’s settings. With the wireless transmission enabled the Vytec displays tank pressure and calculates remaining air time based on current gas consumption. The wireless transmission can be used in Air, Nitrox and Gauge modes. The pressure transmitter is 300bar (4000psi) compatible, and has user replaceable battery

Accurate Gauge Mode With Stopwatch

In Gauge mode the Vytec works as a bottom timer also providing accurate profile sampling and bookmarking functions. A dive timer with reset function also displays the dive time in minutes and seconds, a feature extremely useful for timing accurate bottom times and decompression stops.

(From Suunto's webpage)

Link to the page

I asked the day before where the information was. Difficult bunch to get hold of. Their new website, published this last week makes that a bit easier.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom