Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Lee: The Muskox horn I found in the Tail Race canal a few years ago at the beginning of the dive and underwater it looked like a piece of wood. I picked it up and put it down quite a few times and am so glad that I put it in the boat. At the time the Smithsonian said it was the only one found this far south. So the moral of this story is if it looks interesting bring it to the boat. You can always throw it back in.
Lee I did see where Carl is retiring. Hate to see him go, but hopefully we'll see him around and no I did not see the story on the coins. Thanks for the link.

Yeah I took a liking to Carl. He knew I was a shark tooth fanatic so he took the time to put a 7.25" Meg in my hands. He said he received it as a donation. On hind site I wish I had taken a photo of it. I put it on a ruler to verify the size. He said he had actually never checked it.

I just made an Amazon hard back book purchase. The book is titled "Pieces of Eight" by Kip Wagner, can't wait to get my hands on it.

pof8.jpg

I enjoy hearing all about the 11 Spanish ships of 1715 that crashed and sunk offshore Florida.
It was reported they had millions of gold and silver coins on them
images

------------------------------------------------------------

yeppers..... the Edisto is running a tad high this season

-------------------------------------------------------------

here ya go.... 200 miles of non stop black water flowing to the ocean as fast as it can

Last edited:
Edisto is just a half foot out of it,s banks. Hopefully it start dropping quickly then, can hardly wait to get back in and see what,s been exposed. that volume of water had to have moved things around.

At the rate the Edisto is dropping, next weekend should look good from a water rate and speed perspective. NOAA is showing a 15-30% chance of rain all next week. This is GREAT from a grocery produce perspective, but not so good from a fossiling perspective. As an alternative, I have tentative plans to meet with a fossil head from Georgetown, and hunt Jeremy's Inlet, Sunday the 4th. Last time I was there I found nothing but layer upon layer of shell. I want to take my screen this time and walk the water inland for a distance. Low tide is at noon. Its located about 1 mile north of Edisto beach pier. I am reading that fossilized Tiger shark teeth are being found around and within the jetties, which makes sense to me. I have room if someone wants to go along

---------- Post added July 26th, 2013 at 11:49 AM ----------

Water temp 82, seas 1 to 2 feet. Anyone wanna do a dive this weekend?

---------- Post added July 26th, 2013 at 04:35 PM ----------

Lets hunt this inlet and jetty
Jerimey_zpsb6fabcf7.png

Same inlet, different view
JInlet_zps75ac5b16.jpg

Jetty at base of Edisto river
Jetty_zps5c1a0022.png

Last edited:
are these photos genuine ? I mean your own collection ? Some of these looks incredibly nice. pleasure to see these ones.

Dove with Capt. Jamie & the Arista-Kat off Venice last week. Found a few good ones...with a nice 3.5" on the last dive. (But don't they always look bigger underwater?)

Attachments

• 20130801_061456.jpg
    20130801_061456.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 178
My Son and I took my oldest Grandson ( 15 ) in the Tail Race Canal today to see how he could handle the Dark water before moving on to the Cooper River. He did just fine. The Vis was about 3 to 4 feet, which is bad, should be 10 to 15 feet, but he did manage to pick up a few teeth, nothing to brag about but made him happy. Now he said he's ready to fine that big tooth. I think I'm going to need a bigger boat. I had a good time spending time with my boy's. Well does anyone have a report on the Vis in the Cooper and what the word on the Edisto, Dive-able Yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom