convert wet hood for dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divezilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All
I have a new Fusion One drysuit and need a hood for it.
I have a number of wet hoods in my kit and would prefer to re-use one of them with the drysuit.

It looks like you can just trim off the lower parts of the wet hood to fit into the collar of the Fusion One....

This is my 1st drysuit, so still learning. Am I missing anything?

I don't have a Fusion, but I just use my 7mm wetsuit hood and it works fine. I didn't trim it or anything. I'm cheaper than I am stylish.

Seen many wet hoods on drysuits.....also, nothing wrong with a personally customized (via scissors) hood.

I know a few people who dive with a drysuit using a wet hood. Sometimes they have room to tuck it in, sometimes they just let it hang out. It seems to do the trick either way.

Kristopher

For your water temps I would recommend buying an Otter Bay hood. They are 12mm thick and custom fit to each individual.
Wetsuits

Yes you can cut a wetsuit hood down. I have seen many people dive wearing uncut hood even.

They look something like this medieval gear wearing gentleman.
padded-collar.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom