Lp 85 purchase suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody have some suggestions as to where the cheapest place to buy a set of lp85's would be. I live in Wisconsin.

Also I keep reader faber is the brand to get. Any thoughts?

Config. Drysuit, heavy thermals, nomad lt.

Not to be self serving, but no one sells more LP85's or sells them cheaper than I do. I just ordered 28 Faber tanks today. If you want some, find a price from an authorized faber dealer and I'll beat it. Hurry though, they'll ship this order quickly, and they are all accounted for.

Peter@ultimatecavediving.com

I've had good luck with LeisurePro. Since you're in a dry suit and heavy underwear, the Worthingtons are a couple of pounds more negative each, but more expensive.

Ahhh Wisconsin. I miss it at times.

I would go with the offer above. Great deal.

I love Faber, but heavier tanks like Worthington might work better for you.

Check your local dive shop as well. Even if they don't carry them in stock, they will probably be willing to order them for you. I just say this because my lds wil give you a year of free air per tank if I buy with them. +1 on the worthingtons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your local dive shop as well. Even if they don't carry them in stock, they will probably be willing to order them for you. I just say this because my lds wil give you a year of free air per tank if I buy with them. +1 on the worthingtons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, dive shops would get screwed doing that for me.
Assuming they are charging full retail at about 340/tank. I make 200'ish dives per year, that's 400'ish air fills (I wear doubles) Assuming they are charging $5/air fill that's a buttload of money they just lost.

Wow, dive shops would get screwed doing that for me.
Assuming they are charging full retail at about 340/tank. I make 200'ish dives per year, that's 400'ish air fills (I wear doubles) Assuming they are charging $5/air fill that's a buttload of money they just lost.

I don't make that many dives per year, but I would tear that up. They wouldn't have that deal going for long after I cost them more than the tanks in fills during the first year. :)

Kristopher

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom