Breakwater Parking Limited 17 Mar 13 1200-1600hrs US Coast Guard Helo Exercise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Message passed on from Any Water Sports:

The Coast Guard just called us and asked us to help get the word out to the dive community that they will be conducting helicopter training exercises at Breakwater on Sunday, March 17, from noon - 4PM. The upper parking lot and grass area will be closed off. Divers can still access the water, but they won't be able to park in the upper lot, or use the grass area for staging. Can you please share this with your dive buddies?

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben. When I saw the headline I was hoping it was not the lower lot. I'm always there between 6 & 6:15 so not a problem.

The exercise this weekend is cancelled. Carry on...

Another phone call from the Coast Guard... budget cuts have trickled down, and the Coast Guard had to cancel their training exercises. Breakwater will NOT be closed tomorrow - the upper lot and grass area will be open as usual. They apologized for any inconvenience, and were grateful for the assistance in getting the word out. Please "unshare" the earlier alert....

Back
Top Bottom