Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Jet...If I wanted to sound like an optimist, I think there was top to bottom vis over most of the BHB, with the exception of the area near the nav channel under the bridge where it is about 18 feet deep. So I am saying maybe 12 foot vis???? And it gets worse as you head west toward the nav chanel from NudiWorld.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try one day this week. I'll post a report.

Pretty nice mid morning slack tides thursday and friday. Was thinking of a possible charter
friday but if not a charter than a bridge dive may be in order. If anyone dives tuesday, wednesday,
or thursday a viz report would be appreciated, thanks.

Vis was "poor" this morning: about 10 ft and very milky. Any further away Jim turned into a fuzzy blob. Temp a chilly 73. The entire bottom is covered with algae and a fine layer of silt. But as I said last week, if you go slow and look hard you can still find some gems.

2 26 13 1.jpg 2 26 13 2.jpg 2 26 13 3.jpg 2 26 13 5.jpg

C'mon Jim! Play with me!!
2 26 13 4.jpg

I am interested in diving the Blue Heron Bridge. Can anyone give me some info?

Why Thank You for asking ConchyJoe! :D It is truly a unique and wonderful dive site - considered by many to be The Best macro site in the Continental US! I dive it pretty much on a weekly basis and am always delighted by how much there is to see. On any given dive you might see a nudibranch, a seahorse, a spotted eagle ray or a manatee.

There is a wealth of good information on an old thread:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/279974-continuing-sagas-blue-heron-bridge.html I understand that there is also a Blue Heron Bridge thread in "The Pub", a sub forum on this board. :wink:

There are also a couple good websites regarding the how's of diving this shore dive: Jamminbeach.com and WadesPage.

Please note that you can only dive at high tide. Here is an easy link to the tides: Tides for Port of Palm Beach (Lake Worth) on March 2013

Most regulars get in +/- an hour before high tide for maximum dive time. It is very shallow. Maximum depth is less than 20ft. This time of year water temp is in the low 70's.

Hope that helps. Please post photos but omit identifying landmarks.

Here is just a tiny sample of what you might see:
manatee3.jpg seahorse2.jpg octocloseup2[1].JPG HamiltoniX.jpg seahorse&blenny.jpg mini melo.jpg 5-7 4.jpg 4-27 6.jpg

Right now three bridges that span the Lake Worth Lagoon are either closed or closing for construction (Lantana, Flagler, North Bridge). Do we even know if the BHB is still there?

Right now three bridges that span the Lake Worth Lagoon are either closed or closing for construction (Lantana, Flagler, North Bridge). Do we even know if the BHB is still there?

i heard it was moved to a restricted area.

Thrilled to see this tread pop back up. The BHB is one of my all time favorite free dive sites in North America. WPB has some great people.

I have read the BHB thread almost daily since I joined this forum. I have never been to BHB, but I have always enjoyed reading the posts and looking at the photos of those that are fortunate to dive there. It is quite a shame that one of the most widely read threads has been moved due to a couple of adults that act like juveniles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom