St Kitts Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
We will be in St Kitts in March via cruise ship and I am trying to decide between three dive operators - hoping some of you experience divers have used them and can provide me some input to help me make my decision. They are Pro-Divers, Dive St. Kitts and Kenneth's Dive Center.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Thanks, cruzbound

I did my OW with Pro-Divers in 2011 and I am here right now diving with them until the end of Feb. Solid Op.

I do not know Dive St. Kitts but I do remember going to Kenneth's Dive Center back in 2011 in the middle of the day the shop had an open sign on the door but was in fact closed.

I called and nobody picked up so I went with Pro-Divers.

Haven't had any problems with them and they got mostly high ratings on Tripadvisor though there is a complaint or two on there. I personally had no issues with them. They are casual but safe. They got the right balance there. Rental gear is good stuff, well maintained. They got the new Oceanic Lavacore suits as well as newish looking wetsuits and everyone gets a computer. Briefings are thorough. Skipper on the boat is a freak. He knows like 50 sites and finds most of them by looking at land references and his depth finder. He doesn't need GPS. :D

Most dives are an hour long. If there are people running low on gas earlier on they take them back to the anchor line and keep on cruising until the last person is at 500 psi or an hour has elapsed.

They dive sensible profiles and there's a hang tank down at 15ft on every dive. I only wish there were a good operator on the island with Nitrox. I am yet to find anyone with Nitrox on this island.

PM me if you have specific questions about Pro-Divers.

how is the diving om kitts? Love the island but I was not a diver when I was there

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I did 10 dives here this week. Mostly great viz (on a site that's 50ft deep below the boat I can make out features on the bottom) and not much current to speak of.

Water temp a little colder than usual at 74F. A couple of shallow wrecks of ferries and cargo ships that sunk are less than 90 ft. deep - very beginner friendly.

This morning I came across several spotted moray, an octopus and two turtles. I find turtles almost every day.

In the afternoon I did a weird dive where I spent most of my bottom time getting threatened by a tiny damselfish who was extremely unhappy that I found his makeshift home in a discarded metal pipe. The crazy little thing wouldn't leave me alone so I spent like half an hour there watching him do his thing.

I dove with Dive St Kitts in May of '12(one day) while on the Victory(Carnival)....Had a very nice time...They are the dive shop for(in) Bird Rock Beach Hotel & allowed my wife to go with me & stay there while I went diving(she didn't want to dive that day) ...She was able to use all their facilities(ie beach snorkle, pool etc) & they charged 10USD for her--even gave her a free rumpunch...Very nice people & a nice quaint(very clean) spot it all was.......Here is a link to the resort
Bird Rock Beach Hotel, St. Kitts

& here are some of my pics/videos(topside & UW) from the 2 dives....
St Kitts 2012 - a set on Flickr
St Kitts topside--'12 - a set on Flickr

Would go with them again....Hope this helps

EDIT:......Also-IF-----one of your stops is St Lucia, DO NOT miss this dive day....pay the 'extra' bucks & head to the Pitons-- in particular--do Superman's Flight dive @ the base of the Pitons.......& dive with Scuba Steve's(link below), think the Pitons diving fell under the 'premium' package..
http://www.scubastevesdiving.com/dive-sites

I dove with Dive St. Kitts a few years ago and had a good experience with them. Divemasters were attentive. I have also dove with the dive op at the OTI (I forget the name of the shop)- they were not bad either but the divemasters sometimes swam quite quickly and we lost him at one point. I prefer taking my time.

Back
Top Bottom