Cruise: Hitting up Nassau and Grand Bahama and want to do some diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm going on a Bahamas cruise, primarily with non-divers, but am thinking about taking a day to dive. There are a couple in my group who would join me, but our budget is a little tight. There aren't really any good shore dives in Nassau or Grand Bahama, right?

Recommendations for cheap (but reputable) dive ops or shore dive sites (if they exist) near the ports in Nassau/Grand Bahama would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Right - the reef is too far out. PM Dantheengineer here on SB, there is one shallow shore dive somewhere west of Nassau - I think he's dove it. Not sure where you'd get tanks - maybe at Bahama Divers as that's only slightly out of the way.

There's 3 operators on Nassau. Stuart Coves is the cruise operator. They'll shuttle you 45mins. to their facility on the south side. Stuart Cove's Cruise Ships Shark Cage Diving Bahamas Stuart Cove's Aqua Adventures - Cruise Ships

Bahama Divers is at the Nassau side of the bridge to Paradise Island. They check-in at 8:30 and leave by 9AM. They also do a 1 tank afternoon dive at 2. Probably a 10min? taxi ride from the cruise port - plus you have to de-board and clear customs. Nassau has a dock though so you don't have to wait for a tender. Bahama Divers Home Page

Explore Scuba is on Paradise Island, IDK much about them. Home | Explore Scuba Bahamas is the only dive operator located right on Paradise Island, we offer that one of a kind experience.

afaik those are your only options on Nassau. Also be aware that ships time and Island time may be different - I've read that's a problem sometimes.

UNEXSO on Grand Bahama works with cruise ship divers - they're nearby in Port Lucaya - about 25? minutes by cab. There's also shared van service to the Lucaya area that's cheaper. Dolphin & Scuba Diving Activities & More!

Other options: Bahamas Government Portal - BDA Members

Last edited:
Hey Rick/Steve.
That's West. Near Clifton Pier (Jaws Beach on Google maps...ish). Sadly, only really at night. (for octopus....EVERY night!)
I'm between contracts and stuck on the other side of the Atlantic right now. (But not for long! :) )

Personally I'd look at Coves...

Do PM for further info etc...
N.B. i never have dived GB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom