Best ~ $140 I've ever spent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a nasty case of lymphatic bends 2 years ago. The Dr. who treated me told me something very simple:

"If you bend the Navy tables, they will bend you back"

Damn straight.

Dandydon- Dan did end up reimbursing me, but the san miguel clinic is seperate from the chamber, They are two seperate bills. I just had to pay the hospital. Dr. Piccollo wonderful wife Heidi handles all the insurance- she is the best. As far as six months no diving which is Dr. piccollo's recomemdtion . I saw DAN said 6-8 weeks. I had no lingering symptons. I just went really slow and kept it in the green- which is what i should have done before. Also i just had surgery yesterday and had to go diving one more time-lol. hope to be healed by march and divng again.:D

I also han an event with the Scuba Club Of Cosumal in october of 2012. My rides cost 16,477.98 total. Thanks for D.A.N. insurance coverage ,they paid the whole bill!!!!!

Willy, did you have to show your DAN card or was your coverage verified directly with DAN?

Maybe going back to using dive tables rather than dive computers would prevent alot of undeserved hits? Boring, yes but seems like alot of people over 50 are getting undeserved hits, especially in deep diving locals like Cozumel.

Maybe going back to using dive tables rather than dive computers would prevent alot of undeserved hits? Boring, yes but seems like alot of people over 50 are getting undeserved hits, especially in deep diving locals like Cozumel.
It's still a very rare occurrence.

How do you define "lots of undeserved hits?"

Glad your doing well now. Curious though, if you dont mind, Pic said maybe a contributing factor was dehydration. Did you drink any alcohol the night before? Diving nitrox with a healthy profile it does not make sense does it, to gain a hit. So the reason I ask is the three people I know that got skin bent did have a few the night before. Now in the same breath I have been with idiots who got crap faced the night before dove like heros and didnt get bent. I think anyone with a lot of dives have been with them. Last time I was down my friend took a type two hit. Definitely wasnt skin bends. Nearly all my other friends who have had hits did have an issue with a diving 'error'. And they where really easily overlooked things. Most had the obvious, dehydration but one or two other small factors that LIKELY led to the hits. It would be different if it was an exact science, but we wouldnt have these really crazy forums to play in would we, lol. Hope you get to dive soon dude.

I like to use both dive tables and dive computers during my pre-dive planning if I have the time and information. If I am diving somewhere like Coz, I can develop many different scenios weeks before arriving. Then campare my plans to actual dives. If I don't have the time to do really throughout planning, e.g. a short notice dive while on vaction in Europe or a cruise, I try and dive conservatively with the computer (which most tend to be conservative already).

Call me weird...but I really enjoy using the tables (PADI and/or BSAC) and doing all sorts of calculations prior to diving and afterwards.:dork2:

But sometimes all of the best planning cannot prevent a case of the bends...Sheep just happens :holysheep:

Actually oldbear, it was perhaps one of the best holidays I've ever had. The DCI was a bump in the road of life, not my first and not my most serious so I just roll with it, the people I met, now they're the really memorable part of the thing. In all seriousness, my life is much richer because of them.
I like you attitude. Keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom