souring on Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bergstenba

Registered
Reaction score
I am quickly souring on Oceanic gear, My wife's ION3x mask developed a leak at depth causing issues (flooding). the mask was right at the end of warranty when it happened and out of warranty when we got back. I e-mailed Oceanic to see if anything could be done and yep over a week now with no answer what so ever. Not what I would expect from an expensive mask and more over not what I expect from a good manufacturer.
While on the web site I also saw that the QLR weight system my BC uses has issues and is being replaced. Again I filled out the form it's been a week and not so much as a peep. come on guys I bought this equipment to use not sit around for months because a new weight system wasn't properly tested before it was produced. Even an e-mail of any kind would have been nice, I left my phone number also and not even a call....anything....
OK what am I doing about all of it. Well the BCD is solved (not that I am not expecting my new weight pockets I am) I solved by the fact that my ScubaPro Knighthawk will be in next week. While I was at it I took care of the reg with a new Sub Gear SG-1000. Will solve the wife's mask soon by replacing it with another brand along with all of her other Oceanic gear. Do we understand the trend here? I had a choice, I made a bad choice, I am rectifying the choice.

No reason to replace things that aren't broken because you are worked up. Have you tried calling them instead of relying on web forms? I've always called them and received excellent service.

Subgear is a Scubapro brand ya know.

Yes - Hence the fire.

Too many big scuba manufacturers and their distributors seem the think divers should be served just like cows. Milk them dry and &^%$'em.

You do realize that DEMA is going on now don't you? And as others have said why are you emailing? Call and speak to a live person. I'd be willing to.bet that many of the people who could address your issues are in Vegas.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, if you have the money to buy new stuff every time you displeased, go for it. I'm sure the economy could use the stimulus.

Why not go to the LDS you bought your gear from to see if they could expedite the process any? Most LDS around here will go out of their way to help loyal customers because they don't want to lose their business.

Gotta say, I have found Oceanic service fantastic. Both from my LDS and phoning direct.

+1 on the DEMA being a big distraction until next week, and +1 on how using web forms is not the quickest way to get responses.

That's just one man's opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom