DFW Lake Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are lots of divers around here. If you want to practice your diving then give Clearsprings Scuba Park near Terrell a try, it is not unusual for viz to be 20' or more. I can highly recommend Lake Travis Scuba for boat dives also.

I talked with a diver yesterday that dove at Athens Scuba Park last week and he said the viz was over 30', also at he end of May they are going to sink another jet in the lake which should be very interesting.

Clear Springs and Athens are fun and close. We like to dive the Comal River in New Braunfels. Water temp of @ 72 year round.

I just did some diving yesterday at clear springs. pretty good considering it was my first freshwater dive. my dive buddy will be going back to college soon so i will be needing a new dive buddy. anyone interested give me a shout.

I (warning:freshly certified/total noob with an OW cert) am planning to head out to CSSP on Saturday (8/11/12) if I can find a buddy.

If anyone wants a buddy/an excuse to dive (and has the message about my total noobocity :wink:), talk to me. :D

Dove Clear Springs the weekend of July 28-29 and water temp was 91 on the surface and 88 at 28' where the thermocline began. Vis was 10-15' during the day. Did a couple of night dives and had fun with the bass hunting in our light beams. Dove Blue Lagoon this past weekend and vis was 15-20' and temp was 89 from top to bottom.

If you're looking for dive buddies, dive clubs are a good source and there are several around the Metroplex though I'm a bit bias being that I'm the President of the Diving Rebels Scuba Club.

Dove Clear Springs the weekend of July 28-29 and water temp was 91 on the surface and 88 at 28' where the thermocline began. Vis was 10-15' during the day. Did a couple of night dives and had fun with the bass hunting in our light beams. Dove Blue Lagoon this past weekend and vis was 15-20' and temp was 89 from top to bottom.

If you're looking for dive buddies, dive clubs are a good source and there are several around the Metroplex though I'm a bit bias being that I'm the President of the Diving Rebels Scuba Club.

I was at CSSP that weekend too! That's when/where I did my OW dives. I don't know the exact temps but it was plenty warm!

Dive club is a good idea. I haven't figured out that scene yet but I need to. You guys meet in Arlington, right? That's a ways from where I work. :(

Back
Top Bottom