Battery replacement question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vesebr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got an Aladin Prime, and it's given me a headache for a long time now.

I bought it in 2008, and used it mainly on pool dives. One day (possibly after an annual service, I forget) it just wouldn't turn on anymore. I can't recall if it happened during a dive or immediately after, but it just would not turn on. I brought it back to the shop and they changed the battery. It worked again! One dive in, and it shuts off again. Changing the battery always got me one more dive out of it before it would die on me again.

I went to a few shops. Most said that it was a faulty unit and that I had to buy a new computer, but one shop said that the BRAND of the battery mattered.

The battery in the computer was an Energizer. The battery kit that Scubapro recommends using contains a Sony battery. Is it possibly for this to be the solution to the problem? Can changing the brand of battery bring it back to life for good?

It's certainly possible enough to try. If that doesn't work though, insist that your LDS send it to Scubapro for troubleshooting.

I'd send to the manufacturer and let them figure it out. There is no good reason for it to fail after one dive.

Is your pool very unusually deep? For depths less than 25 feet with a hard bottom I wonder why you would need a computer.

HAve your local scubapro dealer sen it back to scubapro for you. They will more than likely replace the unit if it is still under warranty and your the original owner. They will more than likely upgrade to the 2G because they are out of Primes at no charge.

HAve your local scubapro dealer sen it back to scubapro for you. They will more than likely replace the unit if it is still under warranty and your the original owner. They will more than likely upgrade to the 2G because they are out of Primes at no charge.

I called scubapro and since I bought it in 2008, it is considered out of its warranty period (despite me not using it for 2 years). They would give me a discount on a 2G if I wanted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom