R.I.P. Tom Morato. Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Received tragic news this lunchtime that Tom Morato, PADI Course Director, tech/cave/ccr instructor and Philippines cave diving pioneer, passed away unexpectedly of natural causes, shortly after falling ill whilst teaching at his center in Quezon City, Manila.

My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and staff at Divers Network.

Last edited:
Oh my. Rest in peace, Tom.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Initial thread merged with the ongoing thread in the Passings forum. Permanent re-direct link left in Philippines Paradise Divers forum

Last edited:
It is with regrets that Tom passed away earlier today. He was at home when this happened and not teaching a class.

As a good friend and dive buddy of Tom I can say that the dive community as a whole has lost a lot today with Tom's passing.

Rest in price bro, it's not going be the same without you dude

I do not know Tom Morato personally, but i last saw him last 7 April at Aquaventure prepping his gear for an afternoon dive. RIP Mr. Morato.

Easter day trip to Aquaventure on Friday April 6th, great day - first time in a while both of us had same free time at the same time to do some diving - I just never thought it would be the last time we got to dive together!

Anilao - 6th April.jpgAnilao - 6th April 2.jpg

Just heard the news. Sad indeed. :( Tom was a great instructor and will be missed.

Received tragic news this lunchtime that Tom Morato, PADI Course Director, tech/cave/ccr instructor and Philippines cave diving pioneer, passed away unexpectedly of natural causes whilst teaching at his centre in Quezon City, Manila.

My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and staff at Divers Network.

I knew Tom and had trained with him on several occasions ,I had taken UTD classes with him and other padi classes at the Divers Network .Tom could not stress Team work enough and his trim and propulsion made me want to be half the diver he is . We talked last July in a typhoon sitting at the table at "Divers
" soaking too the skin and looks over and says this is life at its best Mate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom