Gene Muchanski Running For 2015 NAUI Board of Directors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene Muchanski

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am honored and humbled to have been officially nominated to run for the NAUI Board of Directors election this fall. I am asking for your endorsement, input, support and vote.

NAUI has made incredible gains in the past two years and I would like to continue that success by adding balance to an already talented board by contributing what I know about sales & marketing management, successful business practices and the competitive and political nature of the diving industry. This year’s election will be all about building a strong NAUI Headquarters again in order to accomplish the things we need to do to regain our Leadership role in the industry. As part-time Directors with their own jobs, Board Members can only do so much. In order to grow the association and become competitive in the industry once again, NAUI Headquarters must be re-built on a strong foundation. In the coming months I will be discussing with the Membership specific things that NAUI could be doing to regain its Leadership role in the industry, based on conversations I am having with successful NAUI Members across the country and internationally.

I’ve been fortunate to work in and out of the diving industry my entire career and my duties and responsibilities have always centered around diving and the business of diving in addition to my work in sales, marketing and management. Working in the industry I have gained experience and expertise in the University, Training Agency, Retail, Manufacturing, Travel, Non-Profit and Trade Association sectors. Thanks to six years as a Senior Business Consultant at the University of Houston I was able to gain expertise in the use of modern day sales and marketing tools in addition to working with hundreds of small business clients. All of this has helped me form an integrated and balanced approach to dive industry sales, marketing and management.
NAUI has an incredible history and now, for the first time in many years, a real chance of regaining its leadership role as a quality oriented training agency. There is a lot of work to be done in building a strong NAUI Headquarters Staff that will work in unison with an elected Board of Directors. Programs, Products and Services need to be updated, improved or created to meet the needs of our Membership. We need to grow our presence in College and University Diving Programs. We need to grow and promote our Retail Dealer Network. We should be working on programs to grow our technical training department and our Public Safety Diver Programs. We need to expand the number of Dive Centers and Resort Operators that teach NAUI courses and offer referral training and/or job opportunities for our Instructors. Building a sizeable NAUI presence in the Caribbean would strengthen our Association. We need to give our non-instructor Members and our International Members the proper recognition they deserve and a voice in the association so we can meet their professional needs. And most importantly, we need to establish the long neglected practice of marketing NAUI as a quality training organization to diving professionals worldwide and the general public. Open and transparent communication is a key to NAUI’s future success. The Membership needs and deserves an open line of communication with their association and they must know that their organization is serving their needs properly and is doing everything it can to create opportunities for them domestically and worldwide.

These are just a few of the things I would propose if elected to the NAUI Board of Directors. I will work with the current Board Members by adding a balance of expertise to the board. I will work with NAUI Worldwide Headquarters and the NAUI Service Group to bring in new 21st Century business practices while sharing with them a history of my 40 years as a NAUI Instructor and Course Director. And most of all, I will work with the NAUI Membership to help bring their needs, concerns and perspective to the Board.
Thank You for supporting Gene Muchanski - NAUI 3821 L - 2015 NAUI Board of Directors

ENDORSEMENTS FROM NAUI INSTRUCTORS

• Chad Barbay, NAUI 7583:
  • Bob Brayman, NAUI 6058 L: "Eugene would make an excellent Board Member. As a past Board Member and Chairman of NAUI for a number of years I understand what it takes to be a good member of the board. Eugene will be outstanding. We will be lucky to have him."
  • Capt. Steve Coe, NAUI 41871:
  • Floyd Holcom, NAUI 48075: "You have my endorsement."
  • Claude Jewell, NAUI CD: "I concur with Jim Elliott in every way. You have been a leader in every capacity I have seen you perform. When we first met when you worked for NAUI and when you founded your company Dive Industry Association. You have my vote and all I can muster for you. You will be a great addition to the board."
  • Jennifer King, NAUI 6867:
  • Lorraine Sadler, NAUI 6023:
  • Capt. Spencer Slate, NAUI 5756: "I feel Gene would be a great member of our BOD - someone who has been in the industry for decades and has a proven track record of loyalty to NAUI and is in a position with his Dive Industry Association contacts to quickly expand our brand."

ENDORSEMENTS FROM THE INDUSTRY

• Jim Elliott, Diveheart: As the Founder and President of Diveheart, I'm proud to say that I was originally scuba certified through NAUI in 1976. The training I received through NAUI inspired me through out my career as an instructor, instructor trainer and now instructor trainer evaluator. Years in the dive industry have enabled me to meet some inspiring and innovative leaders. Gene Muchanski is one of those leaders. His vision to grow the dive industry is exciting and his efforts are genuine and heartfelt. I am proud to know and work with Gene as a dive industry leader and wholeheartedly recommend Gene as a director on the NAUI board.
  • Christopher Shiver, Colorado Adventure: I have know Gene Muchanski for over 10 years and have experienced his passion for building the Dive Industry Association as well as supporting the world of diving with his pro-business approach to helping companies and the industry grow. He would bring a strong business savvy and long term vision to the leadership of NAUI.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom