OT- Any divers from the Jupiter area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. I was wondering how bad traffic is around that area.
I'm just a weekend visitor to Jupiter to go diving. The city main streets (706) are never bad and even getting stopped by a bridge tender is only 5-10 minutes. During January like all of FLA, you get your grandma's with one hand on the steering wheel doing a 10mph slower than the limit, but by March they have all returned up north as the snow melts.

The daily heavy traffic on I-95 is only way south down between West Palm and Lantana. North of Jupiter on 95 it fly's pretty quick. And there is an alternate by using the toll road which is rarely backed up.

Hope the weather is nice this weekend.

Saturday morning yes,,,,,later in the afternoon,,,ehhh.

......... I was wondering how bad traffic is around that area. Hope the weather is nice this weekend.
Regards,
Doug
Doug: I think the traffic is incredibly light, then again, I've lived in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and L.A.: all of which have terrible traffic. I have about a 17 mile commute to WPB in the AM and it rarely takes more than 25 minutes (that includes the surface streets with traffic lights).

As Johnoly pointed out, traffic in the summer is easiest since all the older snow birds go home and worse during the winter months. The volume of traffic is seldom an issue, even in the winter, but the quality of drivers on the road along with road manners and general road courtesy go down the tubes in the winter. I put fewer miles on my m/c in Florida, where riding is year round, than I did when living in Chicago and Detroit, where the riding is six months at best. This is in part due to my concern with the really bad snow bird drivers: then again, scuba diving also takes up a lot more time than when I lived up north.

BTW, I'm diving with Jupiter Dive Ctr saturday morning: seas will be 2-4, but given the likely wind direction, I bet will be closer to two feet.

I was riding very tricked Softail one January. The bike was very bright and loud. I was in the left lane of US1 just south of Indiantown rd. I was riding right of center to be more visible and to stay off the slick. I watched a blue hair from Rhode Island pull out of one of the condos to my right. She swung across to my lane filling up my mirrors and passed me on the left in my fargin lane!!!

She continued north across Indiantown, but I had to get to work and turned west. I did drop a dime on the car, but didn't have the tag number.

The people in South Florida are the least courteous of anywhere I've driven, other than the northeast....but then again that is where a huge percentage of the drivers come from. The further south you go, the worse it gets, because you start mixing crazy drivers with the lack of courtesy. This is about half the reason we only dive the keys once a year, if that....so we don't have to make the drive through broward and miami-dade.

Traffic in Jupiter isn't bad 80% of the day. The traffic lights on Indiantown can be a bit obnoxious if you catch them when they aren't timed, but other than that getting around is very easy.

The most obnoxious signals in Jupiter driving east and west are Indiantown and Alt A1A, Indiantown and Military and to a lesser extent Indiantown and Maplewood and Indiantown and Johny's Landing. But they are all County controlled.
Some people say they want to give benefit to north south traffic for the snow birds. Others say since most of the traffic engineers live west palm and south, they just want to **** with us in north county 'cause they're jealous. :)

Doug, how did you like Jupiter? My wife and I bought a newer house in Port St Lucie a couple of years ago because the prices can't be beat due to housing crash and because it's close to Jupiter for diving. We are in the Becker Road area(95 exit 114) and only 25 min to the boat at JDC. Lot's of nice areas around Jupiter and great diving all down South Florida. I'm in CT but get down to FL every chance I can til we decide to move down full time. Lot's of good advice and jupitermermaid knows her stuff about South FL diving.

user-offline.png

Wow Doug. Did you catch the monsoon? Viz was about 20 feet. On the road!!!

I was in my interview when it started. It stopped just as I was leaving :) Looks like the weather is a bust for us this weekend. We'll just drive around and check out different areas tomorrow. Man the color of the water was so sweet earlier today. I thought I was in the carribean.
Thanks again,
Doug

Yeah that would be my suggestion.
I'll pm you my cell phone in case you have any questions.

Look at all the locals. I myself am PSL. Gatlin and Darwin.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom