Regulator off Craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n3rdftw

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Based on my previous thread, I determined that with around ~300ish, I was going to upgrade my regulator from a 10 year old ScubaPro MK2 to something with 2 HP Ports.

I looked around for new ones, such as the oceanic neo or something like that, when I saw an old Zeagle Flathead VI for 200 dollars on craigslist. It was recently serviced, so I'm not THAT worried about the reg falling apart when I use it, but I was wondering what people on the boards thought would be the best path here. Spend 200~300 for a new midlevel regulator, or spend 200 on a used "higher end" regulator.

If not the used Zeagle, what would be the most economical regulator with 2 high pressure ports? I'm tired of only having 1 port, and not being able to have a backup SPG to my computer ( and vice versa )

Thnaks!

The Flathead VI is a great reg, I have two of them. I bought them used from ebay, and rebuilt them myself.

I would not pay $200 for a used one (not because it is not worth $200, they are great regs, but because you can get new "old stock" regs for around $350 as Capt. Gene mentioned).

As a reference point: I bought mine for $115 and $135.... got rebuild kits from Zeagle Express... so rebuilt, "like new" and ready to dive they were each < $200.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes.

I would offer less for the CL reg. Unless he has receipt for the rebuild, I have a tendency not to be very trusting of "recently serviced".

The Flathead VI is a great reg, I have two of them. I bought them used from ebay, and rebuilt them myself.

I would not pay $200 for a used one (not because it is not worth $200, they are great regs, but because you can get new "old stock" regs for around $350 as Capt. Gene mentioned).

As a reference point: I bought mine for $115 and $135.... got rebuild kits from Zeagle Express... so rebuilt, "like new" and ready to dive they were each < $200.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes.

Can any of yall point me to somewhere that sells flathead 6s?

I did some quick google searching, but i couldnt find anything that looked reputable.

I did some quick google searching, but i couldnt find anything that looked reputable.

Zeagleexpress.com See #2 above.

Try calling them. They are not listed, but may still have "new" old stock FH6's. But I'd also take a look at the Edge / HoG line as well.

Best wishes.

For that price range you can buy a new HOG reg.

You could call me. I only have them on my web site as part of a package with an Express tech. These are available as XP's as well for warm water use. The XP is a little lighter weight but same benchmark performance and free lifetime service parts .

Back
Top Bottom