Shore dive @ Secret Bay, Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
What's the current situation at Secret Bay? Is it accessible to drive/park at? Is the beach there private (fees to pay the resort?)

Thinking of a day-trip from Manila soon and wanted to hit Secret Bay for some lengthy solo dives with my camera. I've only ever gone by boat before.

Also... is there a place nearby that'll rent tanks? Or should I get some fills/rental in Manila before driving down there?

And if driving/parking is feasible... can anyone supply coherent directions? :)

Thanks!

Is the beach there private (fees to pay the resort?)

Unless they have a foreshore lease no beaches are private.

Yes I understand someone can charge you to enter private property, but they can't regulate access to the sea unless it is a fish sanctuary, set up by the Department of Agriculture.

Somewhere in that area there has to be a right of way for the public to use.

The use of the foreshore is a public right, and any person may make use of the resources therein.

The easement of six ( 6 ) meters for a right of way to ensure public access to the costal zone.

Under the present law foreshore lands are presently subject to only two types of uses by the national government. The first is reservations of for a fish sanctuary, convervation , and ecological purposes, and the second is mangrove cultivation.

In both cases, the Department of Agricluture is the agency responsible for designation of the foreshore lands to be reserves or sanctuaries.

Commonwealth Act No. 141 - Order No. 34-99, entitled " Rules and Regulations Governing the Amdinistration, Management, and Development of Foreshore Areas and other Lands Bordering Bodies of Water.

Paragraph Thirteen - Guarantees and privides the general public free access to and full use and enjoyment of the beach and nearby costal waters, wheather for livihood of recreational purposes. A right of way of not less than 3 meters in width must be provided free of charge.

Of course if you don't want to pay them to access the water, they can smash your car up or slash your tires while you are out diving... :depressed:

Andy,

Its easy to park on the beach itself as long as you can take your car keys with you, there's also a dive centre attached to the Seas Spring resort which could be used for renting tanks, I'd have thought you could use the Seas Spring parking if you are using the resorts dive centre also?

I've done the drive and dive options a few times (with my own tanks), there's often a few random people hanging around outside Seas Spring so expect a little hassle to assist you with your tanks etc - nothing bad though! Just enter the water straight from the shore, if you enter at the Mainit side of the Seas Spring resort you're right where most boats drop you anyway. Be careful in the shallows as it's common to see boats hitting the beach full speed to get out of the water for repairs or maintenance, I had a (very) close call there once!

Directions wise just keep going past the regular Anilao resorts, past Planet Dive and down the steep hill shortly afterwards. The entrance to Seas Spring is actually the same entrance for the beach (right at the bottom of the hill).

Hope that helps,

Karl

Sea Spring is still open, they have a dive shop up front where you can rent tanks. There are kubo beside you can rent for a day or over night and a great place to eat called Divers Pod. Order the Lomi or Pancit Canton. You can drive all the way back of Sea Spring, around it and park right beside the mentioned kubo. No parking fees. The dive shop even has rinse tanks , toilet, and outdoor showers.

Excellent info, thanks!

Their website is down at the moment. Does their email work? Or is it best to text?

Excellent info, thanks!

Their website is down at the moment. Does their email work? Or is it best to text?

andy, contact michael dy 09192541262, he's oic , or jess, fun dive asia, what i like about their dive shop is last january, picked up some buddies from singapore fresh from a wedding, and went straight to anilao and arrived 12 midnight, just knocked on their door of the dive shop, and started diving half an hour later, we came up 230am , coffee and towels waiting, how cool is that :)

200 per tank, i can join you man

andy, just be careful with your stuff. i recall a post several months ago re a theft of dive computer or something. just lock all your gear in your car while diving

I'll have a non-diver with me, who'll be able to watch the car etc. On that note, does anyone know if there is a wifi signal around the resort area? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom