Bora Bora Diving Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

downeym

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I spent some time in Bora Bora right before Christmas and I thought I would share the video with you. We dove with TopDive there and really had a blast!

That was the first time I had spent so much time with large sharks and manta rays. Every dive outside the lagoon you were guaranteed to see sharks. Its was nice to see they were still doing well somewhere in the world...

[video=vimeo;34005424]http://vimeo.com/34005424[/video]

Last edited:
Amazing video! My wife and I are heading to Bora Bora for our 10th anniversary in September. We are really looking forward to the incredible diving.

I'm going to Bora Bora in February (this month)... any particular care with sharks? They look really intimidating. It was a very intense experience only to watch the video!!!

not really... I view sharks like big dogs. Dont kick the dog and they wont mess with you...

The general wisdom is that a shark cant really eat anything they cant swallow whole since they have a hard time biting anything in half. That means that you are generally off the menu, regardless of what the movies tell you.

They generally are curious but not aggressive. It is pretty cool when you jump in the water and immediately see 10 sharks circling below you. Some of the dive operators do shark feedings, so they are probably wondering if they can get a free handout.

Back
Top Bottom