BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw a couple of guys using them (they made me promise not to mention where) I guess they were testing them, so anyway, this was a shore dive last weekend, I was able to sail past them in my old design Scubapro Jetfins, not the split ones I dont like, but the old single fin design, and to me those new models looked way underpowered. I guess it would perform as claimed if a twelve year old girl with a snorkel used them. These guys were in drysuits. Just by using the serge that day, my dive buddy and myself were able to drift right by them and pass them. We were in wetsuits. Both of us strapped with 60cf tanks. On the way back we didnt see them. When we walked out they were by the showers discussing something and had towels over both the Bladefish. They did not look too happy. I guess by what we saw, those things are not powerful enough to pull the average diver out from the shore to open water underwater. I was tempted to aks them if I could borrow one for a few minutes to see for myself, but I didnt feel like dragging extra weight. Oh by the way? On the way out, they were kicking like hell to get out with those innovative DPV's. Well, at least Im saving tons of cash avoiding that mess.

because with full gear, and a broken leg you could swim faster bro. i saw a couple in action and they cracked me up. LOL

It sucks. does not go that fast. I can outrun that with cramps on both legs and no fins.

lol You're quite the conspiracy theorist-I wish I had your time. I do like the BF and thanks for re-posting my review-it's quite accurate. It does amaze me the thing only weighs 10#. Anyhow, nice scooters your selling. Here, I'll give you equal time: GENESIS DPVs

Yeah, I buy my gear locally and support local businesses and just to clarify, we have a DPV shop locally but the main distributer is Innovative Scuba Concepts(they handle the warranty) out of Colorado Springs. And yes-the guy with the spare air is beyond horrible.

With what your selling I wouldn't worry too much about the Bladefish as it such a different market. If your going to DEMA let me know what you think of these: RS1 they look sooo badasss

lol You're quite the conspiracy theorist-I wish I had your time. I do like the BF and thanks for re-posting my review-it's quite accurate. It does amaze me the thing only weighs 10#. Anyhow, nice scooters your selling. Here, I'll give you equal time: GENESIS DPVs

Yeah, I buy my gear locally and support local businesses and just to clarify, we have a DPV shop locally but the main distributer is Innovative Scuba Concepts(they handle the warranty) out of Colorado Springs. And yes-the guy with the spare air is beyond horrible.

With what your selling I wouldn't worry too much about the Bladefish as it such a different market. If your going to DEMA let me know what you think of these: RS1 they look sooo badasss

I would delete if possible the link to Genesis DPVs and rescind my recommendation for them. After reading the specs I was shocked at the cost of the units and could not with good conscience recommend them.

Yes, it's shocking how much money it takes to actually get anywhere near that 3mph claimed speed Bladefish makes, isn't it? :)

Just an update on my issue with the 5000. I returned it to a distributer in the US; after a few weeks they said it was pooched but for $350 US + SH they could recondition it and send it back,,,WOW what a deal I'm all over that! NOT.
I wrote to the company and complained because, at last count, I only had 12 dives on the unit.
The company rep wrote me back and offered to upgrade me to a Bladefish 7000 and send it 250 BP shipping included. I countered with send it I'll dive it for a while and if I'm happy I'll send them the money and if I'm not happy I'll I'll send it back at my cost. Silence. I thought it was a pretty good deal? Anyway buy at your own risk. I took very good care of mine and followed the manufacturer specs to the letter. 12 dives, pooched.

Just an update on my issue with the 5000. I returned it to a distributer in the US; after a few weeks they said it was pooched but for $350 US + SH they could recondition it and send it back,,,WOW what a deal I'm all over that! NOT.
I wrote to the company and complained because, at last count, I only had 12 dives on the unit.
The company rep wrote me back and offered to upgrade me to a Bladefish 7000 and send it 250 BP shipping included. I countered with send it I'll dive it for a while and if I'm happy I'll send them the money and if I'm not happy I'll I'll send it back at my cost. Silence. I thought it was a pretty good deal? Anyway buy at your own risk. I took very good care of mine and followed the manufacturer specs to the letter. 12 dives, pooched.

Has anybody tried the 7000? I have seen the new turbo models marketed as 5000/7000 turbo. I ordered one for my upcoming trip as I am assuming this model is better than the 5000 (has turbo, so more power and camera mount), but have not heard any reviews

Does anyone have experience with the new BF 7000? Please, let's leave the specs/marketing/physics out of the thread, that's been beaten to death.

Back
Top Bottom